UK: Japan's UniQlo Poised To Sign Deals On London Stores
The urban fashion specialist is looking to open four shops in London before extending its range outside the capital.
Trade magazine Retail Week said that UniQlo will sign up for a property in Covent Garden - its first outside Japan - this week. However, the shop will not open until 2002 and it is understood that it will also house a European head office.
UniQlo is controlled by Fast Retailing and has grown into one of the country's biggest clothing retailers despite only launching three years ago. It now has 400 stores and sells discounted basics similar in style to Gap, but cheaper.
The group is convinced the UK offers good opportunities as middle market businesses flounder.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
In this, her second report on Thailand's textile industry, Niki Tait looks at projects aimed at preparing Thai manufacturers for the global market and assesses the sector's post-quota future....
Textiles and clothing make up Thailand's largest manufacturing industry, with more than 4,500 factories employing over one million people. The sector accounts for approximately 20 per cent of total em...
Feet are going to be warm and cosy next winter. Fur, both real and synthetic, was all around at the latest GDS shoe fair in Germany, on the inside and outside of shoes as well as boots, writes Penny L...
Fast Retailing Co - which operates casual apparel chain Uniqlo, says it will acquire a majority stake in clothing company Shield Co, to enable it to jointly operate the Aspesi apparel brand's shops in...
Fast Retailing Co is set to launch its sports brand Body Tech by the start of July....
US apparel giant Gap Inc has reported a slump in first-quarter income, after its namesake division saw poor sales of women's spring collections....
Japanese store operator Fast Retailing Co Ltd is up its share in French apparel maker Nelson Finances SAS to 51 per cent as part of a plan to grow its casual clothing business....
Gap has announced that in addition to its 18 Gap stores to be opened in Japan this year it will open five Banana Republic stores in Tokyo....
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- US Q4 in brief – J Crew, Perry Ellis
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective