UK: Japan's UniQlo Poised To Sign Deals On London Stores
Japan's third biggest retailer, UniQlo, is reported to be ready to sign contracts for two London stores.The urban fashion specialist is looking to open four shops in London before extending its range outside the capital.Trade magazine Retail Week said that UniQlo will sign up for a property in Covent Garden - its first outside Japan - this week. However, the shop will not open until 2002 and it is understood that it will also house a European head office.UniQlo is controlled by Fast Retailing and has grown into one of the country's biggest clothing retailers despite only launching three years ago. It now has 400 stores and sells discounted basics similar in style to Gap, but cheaper.The group is convinced the UK offers good opportunities as middle market businesses flounder.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Apparel brands "ignoring" refugee abuse in Turkey
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report