CHINA: Jay-Z brand agrees China distribution deal
Bosideng will manufacture and distribute Rocawear men's and women's products from Spring 2010.
It plans to open over 300 Rocawear free-standing stores and shop-in-shop concepts within the next three years.
Musician Shawn "Jay-Z" Carter, co-founder of Rocawear, said: "When Iconix purchased the Rocawear trademark two years ago, Neil Cole and I made a commitment to building Rocawear into a global lifestyle brand.
"Our expansion into China is a validation of our joint efforts to bring an authentic interpretation of American fashion to young people around the world."
Iconix China is 50-50 joint venture between Novel Fashion Holding Limited and US firm Iconix Brand Group.
It is the third such deal for Iconix China in the past year, having signed an agreement with DoRight for its London Fog brand and with Mecox Lane Limited for its Rampage brand.
Adult media company Playboy Enterprises, which licenses its brand for apparel products, has made no comment on media reports it will be sold to Iconix Brand Group....
Iconix Brand Group has completed the acquisition of a 51% controlling interest in the Ecko portfolio of brands through a newly formed joint venture company, IP Holdings Unltd LLC....
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style. Click on each headline for the full story....
Apparel firm Iconix Brand Group has signed a definitive agreement to acquire a controlling interest in the Ecko portfolio of brands for $63.5m....
Iconix Brand Group saw its net income increase 23% during the third quarter, to approximately $22.6m, as compared to $18.3m in the prior year quarter, thanks to growing revenues....
Iconix Brand Group has announced that actress Eva Longoria Parker and her husband, NBA San Antonio Spurs champion starting point guard, Tony Parker, will appear in its London Fog brand's holiday marke...
US-based Iconix Brand Group has reached a settlement with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) relating to an FTC's claim that the company had not complied with certain provisions of the Children's Onli...
Iconix Brand Group has announced that the company's luxury brand Badgley Mischka will be partnering with HSN, a lifestyle network and retail destination....
- Garment firms set sights on Vietnam amid TPP talks
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Changes in China cotton policies cause uncertainty
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Wage strike by Cambodia garment workers falls flat
- H&M still committed to higher wages and Bangladesh
- Vietnam Q1 textile and garment exports surge 21.9%
- Alliance inspections more than 50% complete
- Gap to grow China sales to $1bn in three years
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects
- Jeans in Italy