UK: Jayroma goes live with Vision sourcing solution
Ladies' wear supplier Jayroma (London) Limited has selected the Vision sourcing solution from Fast React to help improve efficiency and control as well as support its growth plans.
Jayroma, which supplies major high street stores, is updating its existing IT systems which, according to CEO Andrew Feldman, "had become very dated and cumbersome."
As a cut, make, trim (CMT) business, good materials management was important. Also, with lead times reducing, excellent critical path control was vital, both in the design and development stage and for order tracking with suppliers.
The Vision solution includes design storyboard, sales orders, technical packs, materials purchasing, inventory and allocation, docketing (purchase orders) on suppliers, electronic supplier updates, goods received, three-way matching of deliveries, purchase orders and invoices, interface to Sage 200 accounting package and cash flow forecasting.
It is "already providing benefits in terms of control and speed of access to information and we expect these benefits to develop further," Feldman adds.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- Why have US FTA imports fallen to a record low?
- Hanesbrands sourcing to cut Pacific Brands costs
- Why China makers are moving out or moving online
- Apparel manufacturing hubs vying for business
- Multiple country choices require complex decisions
- Li & Fung divests Asia distribution business
- US looks to boost trade with Sri Lanka
- Vietnam textile sector calls for strategy update
- Aeropostale to close 154 stores amid bankruptucy
- US Q1 in brief: Wolverine Worldwide, Weyco