UK: Jayroma goes live with Vision sourcing solution
Ladies' wear supplier Jayroma (London) Limited has selected the Vision sourcing solution from Fast React to help improve efficiency and control as well as support its growth plans.
Jayroma, which supplies major high street stores, is updating its existing IT systems which, according to CEO Andrew Feldman, "had become very dated and cumbersome."
As a cut, make, trim (CMT) business, good materials management was important. Also, with lead times reducing, excellent critical path control was vital, both in the design and development stage and for order tracking with suppliers.
The Vision solution includes design storyboard, sales orders, technical packs, materials purchasing, inventory and allocation, docketing (purchase orders) on suppliers, electronic supplier updates, goods received, three-way matching of deliveries, purchase orders and invoices, interface to Sage 200 accounting package and cash flow forecasting.
It is "already providing benefits in terms of control and speed of access to information and we expect these benefits to develop further," Feldman adds.
- New wage ladder lifts workers towards living wages
- US retailers to face logistics issues into 2015
- African apparel sector needs cooperation to thrive
- New scenarios driving sustainability in textiles
- UK fashion sector prospects depend on partnerships
- Bangladesh worker dies as factory boiler ruptures
- Eight footwear factories lead on social compliance
- Global unions join forces on apparel wage poverty
- US firms eye Vietnam footwear growth ahead of TPP
- Low cotton prices lead to government intervention