US: JC Penney adds European flavour with Mango rollout
Beginning in Fall 2010, MNG by Mango will launch in up to 75 stores and online, with plans to expand to approximately 600 stores by Fall 2011.
A statement by the company's said it will be the "largest rollout ever of any fast fashion concept", with MNG by Mango to be a specialty store within JC Penney stores.
Mango already has 1,300 stores in 94 countries, with 12 Mango stores. The MNG by Mango brand includes an offering of career and casual sportswear, and accessories.
"Fast fashion for the young, modern woman is our highest-potential business opportunity. We have long been intrigued with fast fashion, and through the recent launches of our own private brands, she said and City Streets, we've experienced great success and confidence in expanding this offering to our customers," said Myron E (Mike) Ullman, III, chairman and chief executive officer of JC Penney.
"Every time we bring Mango to a new international market, it has driven immediate, strong demand, and we have only begun to capitalise on the great desire for Mango in the US," said Enric Casi, Mango's CEO.
"JC Penney is the perfect match for us to take advantage of the opportunity we see for the MNG by Mango brand in this market. JC Penney is increasingly known as a leader in affordable style and has an exceptional track record in merchandising and marketing contemporary brands for the US customer. We are thrilled to see that come to life with our MNG by Mango brand."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Lithuanian retail operator Apranga Group has agreed on distribution contract with French company Promod to develop its stores in three Baltic States....
Intimate apparel and swimwear maker Tefron Ltd has appointed a new operational executive in a bid to improve its manufacturing processes....
Mango does not expect losses from discontinuing its budget clothing line Think Up, which it launched last year to target recession-hit consumers in Spain and Europe, the company's communications direc...
US department store chain JC Penney has reported better than expected first quarter profit and shown further improvement in its gross margins. ...
Cost cutting by apparel maker Hampshire Group Limited has helped narrow its first quarter losses despite falling sales in its women's business....
Spanish fashion retailer Adolfo Dominguez continues to struggle with a 74% plunge in 2009 fiscal profits, the company has reported, adding that it closed 67 stores during the period....
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- World Bank commits $57bn to sub-Saharan Africa
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective