US: JC Penney appoints Blum as chief technology officer
JC Penney has appointed Kristen Blum as executive vice president and chief technology officer.
The US announced today (18 January) that Blum will join the company from PepsiCo, where she was SVP, chief information officer, Enterprise Transformation. Prior to that, she was chief information officer at Abercrombie & Fitch.
Chief operating officer Mike Kramer said that the transformation underway at JC Penney relies heavily on having the best-performing, most effective technology to support its critical business functions and enhance its shopping experience. " We are fortunate to have a solid technological infrastructure in place, and there is no one more talented or qualified in our industry to further develop and expand our capabilities than Kristen Blum. Having worked with her for many years, I have seen firsthand Kristen's extraordinary ability to match strategic business objectives with technological solutions. We are thrilled to have her on board," he said.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Department store retailer JC Penney Company is cutting another 350 jobs at its corporate headquarters in Plano, Texas as part of an ongoing transformation of its business under new CEO Ron Johnson....
Michael Francis, one of the first executives brought in to help drive the overhaul of department store retailer JC Penney Company Inc, has left the company after just eight months....
US department store operator JC Penney has made a series of new appointments and promotions across its merchandising and operations departments as part of ongoing plans to overhaul its business....
The transformation of retailer JC Penney has hit early trouble after the company reported big losses for the first quarter, impacted by double-digit sales and comps declines....
Clothing company Liz Claiborne will from today (15 May) trade under the name of Fifth & Pacific Companies, as part of a move announced earlier this year to focus growing its global lifestyle brands....
US clothing manufacturer Kellwood Co has appointed former Kenneth Cole Productions executive Jill Granoff as chief executive officer....
Troubled US retailer JC Penney has appointed Ken Hannah as CFO, replacing Michael Dastugue who left the company in the middle of April. ...
Troubled US department store operator JC Penney has announced the appointment of Nick Wooster as VP, brand, design and trends for menswear. ...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts