US: JC Penney appoints Thomas M Nealon as exec VP, CIO
Retailer JC Penney has appointed Thomas M Nealon to the position of executive VP and chief information officer (CIO).
From 2 October Nealon will oversee the company's information technology, including the design and ongoing development of systems and infrastructure to support the firm's strategic business objectives.
Among his responsibilities is leading the development of systems for jcp.com, the billion-dollar e-commerce site that serves as the hub of the company's multi-channel retailing strategy linking stores, catalogue and the internet.
Nealon has more than 20 years of experience in designing and implementing technologies for leading corporations. He joins JC Penney from EDS, where he served on assignment as the senior VP and CIO at Southwest Airlines.
"Tom is a leader in his field bringing an impressive blend of demonstrated leadership, technological deployment and operational excellence to JCPenney," said chairman and CEO Myron E (Mike) Ullman III.
"Information technology is a critical component to our continued success and it plays an integral role in all aspects of our business."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Logistics firm Serec is to handle all warehousing and fulfilment requirements for Total Luxury Group's apparel division....
Department store chain JC Penney has announced the launch of a new brand positioning campaign called 'Every Day Matters'....
JC Penney has announced the retirement of Charles Chinni, executive VP, home and leisure, women's accessories and family footwear....
Department store operator JC Penney Company Inc yesterday (9 November) posted a 22.6% surge in third quarter profits, driven by improved sales across all merchandise divisions and the introduction of ...
Shirt maker Esquel Group has opened a new woven factory in Gaoming in China's Guangdong province....
JCPenney, one of the US' largest department store retailers, opened 20 new stores across the country on Friday (6 October) as part of its accelerated growth strategy....
Retailer JC Penney said Saatchi & Saatchi would be its new advertising agency 'of record' from 1 December....
Department store retailer JCPenney Company is cautiously optimistic about future trading after reporting record second-quarter sales and profits....
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022