US: JC Penney CFO Ken Hannah to depart
US department store retailer JC Penney has appointed Ed Record as its new chief financial officer and executive vice president, replacing Ken Hannah.
Record, who was appointed under the tenure of former CEO Ron Johnson, will be responsible for the financial operations of the company, effective 24 March.
"Ed is a highly accomplished executive with a broad understanding of retail finance and operations," said CEO Mike Ullman.
"His extensive department store experience and track record of success make him an ideal candidate as we continue to advance our turnaround."
The move comes almost a year after Hannah denied reports he may leave the retailer after coming up against mounting pressure to turn the business around.
Earlier this month, JC Penney recorded its first quarterly comparable store sales increase since the second quarter of 2011, after a positive holiday trading period.
Kohl's Corporation - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offer...
After years of struggling sales, department store retailer JC Penney appointed Ron Johnson as its CEO in 2011, ushering in a new period of dramatic changes. With new management, a new logo, new spokes...
Kohl’s operates department stores that sell moderately-priced branded and private label apparel, home products, and housewares. Thanks to its size, the company is able to offer top brands and exclusiv...
US department store retailer Kohl's has outlined a new strategic initiative designed to generate sales growth, after booking a drop in earnings and revenue in the first quarter. The plan, dubbed "Grea...
With a large population and high income per head, demand for apparel in the USA is huge -- amounting to nearly US$300 bn during 2012. This has facilitated sustained growth of a number of giant retaile...
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Tesco's H1 profit plunge: What the analysts say
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Collapsed Cambodia factory had structural issues
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre