US: JC Penney CFO Ken Hannah to depart
US department store retailer JC Penney has appointed Ed Record as its new chief financial officer and executive vice president, replacing Ken Hannah.
Record, who was appointed under the tenure of former CEO Ron Johnson, will be responsible for the financial operations of the company, effective 24 March.
With almost 25 years of retail experience, he has held various positions at Stage Stores, Kohl's, Blek, and Federated stores.
"Ed is a highly accomplished executive with a broad understanding of retail finance and operations," said CEO Mike Ullman.
"His extensive department store experience and track record of success make him an ideal candidate as we continue to advance our turnaround."
The move comes almost a year after Hannah denied reports he may leave the retailer after coming up against mounting pressure to turn the business around.
Earlier this month, JC Penney recorded its first quarterly comparable store sales increase since the second quarter of 2011, after a positive holiday trading period.
Stage Stores, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offer...
Synopsis Canadean's "Stage Stores, Inc. : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a comp...
Footwear retailer Brown Shoe has appointed JC Penney CFO, Kenneth Hannah, as its finance chief....
Kohl's Corporation (Kohl’s) is a specialty retailer of apparel and accessories, and home furnishings. It operates a chain of department stores and sells moderately priced apparel, footwear, accessorie...
With a large population and high income per head, demand for apparel in the USA is huge -- amounting to nearly US$300 bn during 2012. This has facilitated sustained growth of a number of giant retaile...
- Levi Strauss raises the bar on sustainability
- Nike reaffirms US production commitment
- Gap and H&M back Myanmar path to labour reform
- H&M faces margin pressure on dollar impact
- Can technology shape a sustainable fashion future?
- Myanmar minimum wage set at US$3.2 per day
- Far Eastern to invest $323m in Vietnam textile hub
- Fast Retailing supplier continues strike talks
- Under Armour unveils newest retail presence
- Accord "concerned" at delays in remediation
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: The EU - May 2015
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015