US: JC Penney CFO Ken Hannah to depart
US department store retailer JC Penney has appointed Ed Record as its new chief financial officer and executive vice president, replacing Ken Hannah.
Record, who was appointed under the tenure of former CEO Ron Johnson, will be responsible for the financial operations of the company, effective 24 March.
"Ed is a highly accomplished executive with a broad understanding of retail finance and operations," said CEO Mike Ullman.
"His extensive department store experience and track record of success make him an ideal candidate as we continue to advance our turnaround."
The move comes almost a year after Hannah denied reports he may leave the retailer after coming up against mounting pressure to turn the business around.
Earlier this month, JC Penney recorded its first quarterly comparable store sales increase since the second quarter of 2011, after a positive holiday trading period.
Stage Stores, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offer...
Synopsis Canadean's "Stage Stores, Inc. : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a comp...
Footwear retailer Brown Shoe has appointed JC Penney CFO, Kenneth Hannah, as its finance chief....
Kohl's Corporation (Kohl’s) is a specialty retailer of apparel and accessories, and home furnishings. It operates a chain of department stores and sells moderately priced apparel, footwear, accessorie...
After years of struggling sales, department store retailer JC Penney appointed Ron Johnson as its CEO in 2011, ushering in a new period of dramatic changes. With new management, a new logo, new spokes...
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- New fibre and fabric innovations for outdoor wear
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- 30% of Adidas cotton from sustainable sources
- US West Coast port contract reached
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- Benetton to embark on living wage roadmap
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide