US: JC Penney coy on potential job losses
US department store retailer JC Penney has remained coy on reports it is to axe a further 300 jobs at its headquarters in Plano, Texas.
The retailer plans to lay off 10% of its 10,000 employees in Plano, according to the New York Post. The job cuts were due last month but CEO Ron Johnson decided to delay the move until the company's fiscal year ended last week, the report added.
However, when contacted by just-style today (8 February), a spokesperson for JC Penney said: "We do not comment on rumour or speculation."
Despite ongoing efforts to try to turnaround its business, JC Penney saw its third-quarter sales slide to US$2.9bn. The company is due to release its fourth-quarter and full-year results this month.
Unveiling a new five-year plan to improve worker safety at the factories in Bangladesh that produce their clothing, North American brands and retailers were keen to stress the similarities between the...
After years of struggling sales, department store retailer JC Penney appointed Ron Johnson as its CEO in 2011, ushering in a new period of dramatic changes. With new management, a new logo, new spokes...
This report provides an update of business news in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company strategies; corporate social responsibility (CSR); financial results; intern...
Building on the growing sales of its private label apparel brand, Joe Fresh, Loblaws is continuing to expand its standalone Joe Fresh stores dedicated to this brand in Canada. Furthermore, the Canadia...
Department store retailer JC Penney has disputed reports that commercial lender CIT has stopped financing deliveries from smaller manufacturers to its stores....
One of Pakistan's largest textile companies, Nishat Chunian Limited, has acquired Taj Textile Mills in a deal worth PKR350m (US$3.4m)....
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Asos FY profit drop: What the analysts say
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre