USA: JC Penney Exits Mexico, Sells Stores
Department store group JC Penney Co Inc on Wednesday announced its exit from Mexico and said it will sell all six stores to retailer Grupo Sanborns for an undisclosed sum. The Texas-based company said in a short news release it sees a pre-tax loss of $40 million mainly related to currency translation costs from the sale, but added the sale will result in positive cash flow of $25m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores