US: JC Penney names chief supply chain officer
US department store operator JC Penney has made a series of senior appointments across its logistics, store design and communications departments.
The company, which is currently undergoing a transformation plan under new CEO Ron Johnson, has appointed John Singleton as EVP, chief supply chain officer.
In this role, he will work to simplify supply chain processes by driving quality and efficiency throughout jcpenney's logistics operations, the company said.
Singleton will join from Abercrombie & Fitch, where he was responsible for distribution, transportation, trade policy and brand protection functions. He has held senior logistics positions with Ann Taylor, The Stanley Works, Circuit City Stores and The Stride Rite Corporation.
In another move, Benjamin Fay will become EVP, real estate, store design and development. Fay will guide the development of the new JC Penney store of the future and will be responsible for implementing its shops strategy, as well as the remodel and maintenance of all existing JC Penney stores.
He joins from Apple where he was senior director of real estate, design and development.
Kristin Hays has also been promoted to SVP, communications. Hays will oversee the company's corporate and internal communications functions, as well as investor relations.
And Laura Sandall has been appointed VP, events marketing and publicity. She will be responsible for creating innovative events and publicity strategies to "help generate buzz and excitement around the jcpenney brand".
Michelynn Woodard joins JC Penney as VP, philanthropy. Woodard will lead the company's charitable efforts through strategic partnerships with philanthropic organisations.
Sandall and Woodard will report to Katheryn Burchett, senior vice president of merchandising and marketing integration.
"We are assembling a world-class leadership team that will come together and re-imagine a store experience that is not only exciting and relevant today, but will inspire future generations of JC Penney shoppers," said Johnson.
"I am thrilled to have these newly appointed leaders join our efforts as we transform JC Penney into America's favourite store."
Instead of focusing on product costs as a way of offsetting the pressures faced in both retail and sourcing markets, the apparel supply chain should look instead at optimising processes, boosting coll...
Ken Hannah, chief financial officer of JC Penney, has reiterated that the US department store remains committed to its ongoing transformation, including the implementation of its in-store shops....
The CEO of JC Penney has emphasised the US department store operator remains "on track" despite changing its pricing model for a second time after it swung to a second quarter loss and admitting it wo...
The production of sustainable apparel in China has a "blind spot" that wastes large amounts of energy and water, and causes pollution problems, says a new report....
Footwear maker Wolverine Worldwide has lowered its full-year earnings target after posting a 19% drop in third-quarter net profit amid challenging economic trading conditions in Europe....
Leading apparel brands including Gap, Adidas and H&M Hennes & Mauritz are looking at ways to reduce pollution within their supply chains following accusations that they were purchasing clothing from s...
Wolverine Worldwide, Golden Gate Capital and Blum Capital have completed the acquisition of US footwear company Collective Brands. ...
Apparel fastener and trim business Talon International has entered into a two-year agreement to supply clothing and accessories retailer Fat Face with trims and zippers....
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- New Tencel fibre based on cotton waste fabrics
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape