US: JC Penney "pleased" with Christmas performance
Struggling department store chain JC Penney has said it is "pleased" with its performance for the Christmas holiday period.
The US retailer, which has been striving to turn its fortunes amid widening third-quarter losses in November, said its turnaround efforts are continuing to show progress.
"Customers responded well to the company's offerings this holiday shopping season, both in store and online," the company said.
JC Penney also reaffirmed its outlook for the fourth quarter.
In November, CEO Mike Ullman said the turnaround of the group was beginning to take hold and that it was making "significant strides toward restoring JC Penney to its rightful place in retail".
After years of struggling sales, department store retailer JC Penney appointed Ron Johnson as its CEO in 2011, ushering in a new period of dramatic changes. With new management, a new logo, new spokes...
With a large population and high income per head, demand for apparel in the USA is huge -- amounting to nearly US$300 bn during 2012. This has facilitated sustained growth of a number of giant retaile...
This report provides an update of business news in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company rebranding; company restructuring; corporate social responsibility (CSR); fi...
Synopsis Canadean's "J. C. Penney Company, Inc. : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contain...
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Smart sportswear faces mass production challenges
- Frank Henke discusses Adidas sustainability agenda
- Innovation and supply chain remain key for Nike
- “Unsafe” Bangladesh factory refuses to evacuate
- Cambodia labour abuse claims disputed
- Major Ethiopia textile build experiences delays
- Garment factory tool to improve communication
- RFID adoption among retailers near “tipping point”
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields