US: JC Penney "pleased" with Christmas performance
Struggling department store chain JC Penney has said it is "pleased" with its performance for the Christmas holiday period.
The US retailer, which has been striving to turn its fortunes amid widening third-quarter losses in November, said its turnaround efforts are continuing to show progress.
"Customers responded well to the company's offerings this holiday shopping season, both in store and online," the company said.
JC Penney also reaffirmed its outlook for the fourth quarter.
In November, CEO Mike Ullman said the turnaround of the group was beginning to take hold and that it was making "significant strides toward restoring JC Penney to its rightful place in retail".
With a large population and high income per head, demand for apparel in the USA is huge -- amounting to nearly US$300 bn during 2012. This has facilitated sustained growth of a number of giant retaile...
This report provides an update of business news in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company rebranding; company restructuring; corporate social responsibility (CSR); fi...
Synopsis Canadean's "J. C. Penney Company, Inc. : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contain...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the global apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate so...
- DENIM DAYS: Jeans innovation bursting at the seams
- How will TPP emerge from fast-track trade bill?
- Adidas pushing self-governance for suppliers
- 3D printing gears up for fashion industry change
- US fashion industry applauds trade bills package
- China textile and garment firms eyeing Morocco?
- Under Armour hailed "next global athletic company"
- Myanmar garment workers strike deal
- Orta and Garmon launch denim chemical screening
- US teens trend to athleisure, value and online