US: JC Penney "pleased" with Christmas performance
Struggling department store chain JC Penney has said it is "pleased" with its performance for the Christmas holiday period.
The US retailer, which has been striving to turn its fortunes amid widening third-quarter losses in November, said its turnaround efforts are continuing to show progress.
"Customers responded well to the company's offerings this holiday shopping season, both in store and online," the company said.
JC Penney also reaffirmed its outlook for the fourth quarter.
In November, CEO Mike Ullman said the turnaround of the group was beginning to take hold and that it was making "significant strides toward restoring JC Penney to its rightful place in retail".
After years of struggling sales, department store retailer JC Penney appointed Ron Johnson as its CEO in 2011, ushering in a new period of dramatic changes. With new management, a new logo, new spokes...
With a large population and high income per head, demand for apparel in the USA is huge -- amounting to nearly US$300 bn during 2012. This has facilitated sustained growth of a number of giant retaile...
An innovative new pocketing fabric has been developed using Lenzing's Tencel fibre, which is said to take pocketing and waistbanding "to a new era with softness, strength and sustainability."...
This report provides an update of business news in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company rebranding; company restructuring; corporate social responsibility (CSR); fi...
The deal by Men's Wearhouse to acquire US men's apparel and footwear business Jos A Bank Clothiers has been given the green light by The Federal Trade Commission (FTC)....
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the global apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate so...
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Crystal Group nurtures its caring culture
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Cambodia garment workers “dying on the job”
- Hong Kong's Li & Fung reports "solid" H1
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Accord and Alliance discord over inspections
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey