US: JC Penney repositions with new logo
The new logo will officially debut at the Academy Awards on 27 February where JC Penney is the exclusive retail sponsor
US department store retailer JC Penney has unveiled a new logo as part of efforts to boost sales and cast itself as a more modern retailer.
The changes have been revealed a month after the Plano, Texas based firm said it was planning to close six underperforming department stores, wind down its catalogue and outlet business, and consolidate its call centres to focus on long-term growth.
“We've made significant progress transforming our company over the last several years by infusing great style into our assortments, delivering world-class customer service, and introducing new and innovative retail technologies that have made jcpenney a retail leader in the digital age,”said Myron E (Mike) Ullman III, chairman and CEO.
“Our new logo reflects the modern retailer we've become while continuing to honour our rich legacy.”
Recent addition on the fashion front include the addition of European fast-fashion brand MNG by Mango, Call It Spring by The Aldo Group, as well as the exclusive launch of Liz Claiborne and Claiborne apparel and home merchandise.
The new logo was designed to “evoke a sense of movement and discovery,” the retailer says, “as the letters appear to break out of the box, symbolising an emergence into an exciting, new future.”
Over the past decade and more, industry associations and individual companies have launched numerous initiatives with the aim of addressing and reducing the environmental and social impacts of clothin...
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' July 2011 sales results....
Apparel and accessories company Liz Claiborne has extended its agreement with IT business GT Nexus to provide its supply chain visibility and control platform....
Discounting and cost-cutting efforts have contributed to a flat second quarter profit at department store retailer JC Penney Company Inc....
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read articles on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack