US: JC Penney scales back RFID rollout
JC Penney will continue to roll out tagging in bras, footwear, fashion jewellery and men's and women's denim
US department store retailer JC Penney has confirmed to just-style that it has scaled back its RFID ambitions.
JC Penney last year revealed its intentions to equip all of its products with RFID tagging, saying the technology would allow the company to have better control over its inventory and a better insight into its stock position.
However, yesterday (4 February), a spokesperson for JC Penney said: "The company recently postponed the implementation of RFID as part of a cost saving initiative, but will continue to roll out tagging in bras, footwear, fashion jewellery and men's and women's denim.
"We see the value and benefits of RFID, and will continue exploring the opportunity to further deploy the technology at a later date."
Unveiling a new five-year plan to improve worker safety at the factories in Bangladesh that produce their clothing, North American brands and retailers were keen to stress the similarities between the...
After years of struggling sales, department store retailer JC Penney appointed Ron Johnson as its CEO in 2011, ushering in a new period of dramatic changes. With new management, a new logo, new spokes...
This report provides an update of business news in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company strategies; corporate social responsibility (CSR); financial results; intern...
Building on the growing sales of its private label apparel brand, Joe Fresh, Loblaws is continuing to expand its standalone Joe Fresh stores dedicated to this brand in Canada. Furthermore, the Canadia...
Department store retailer JC Penney has disputed reports that commercial lender CIT has stopped financing deliveries from smaller manufacturers to its stores....
One of Pakistan's largest textile companies, Nishat Chunian Limited, has acquired Taj Textile Mills in a deal worth PKR350m (US$3.4m)....
- New wage ladder lifts workers towards living wages
- US retailers to face logistics issues into 2015
- African apparel sector needs cooperation to thrive
- UK fashion sector prospects depend on partnerships
- New scenarios driving sustainability in textiles
- Bangladesh worker dies as factory boiler ruptures
- Gap unveils management changes as Q3 profit rises
- Long-running SL Garment dispute settled
- Eight footwear factories lead on social compliance
- Global unions join forces on apparel wage poverty
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Moisture Management Fabrics: Key to Wearer Comfort
- Global Apparel Markets: Product Developments and Innovations, 2nd Quarter 2014