US: JC Penney scales back RFID rollout
JC Penney will continue to roll out tagging in bras, footwear, fashion jewellery and men's and women's denim
US department store retailer JC Penney has confirmed to just-style that it has scaled back its RFID ambitions.
JC Penney last year revealed its intentions to equip all of its products with RFID tagging, saying the technology would allow the company to have better control over its inventory and a better insight into its stock position.
However, yesterday (4 February), a spokesperson for JC Penney said: "The company recently postponed the implementation of RFID as part of a cost saving initiative, but will continue to roll out tagging in bras, footwear, fashion jewellery and men's and women's denim.
"We see the value and benefits of RFID, and will continue exploring the opportunity to further deploy the technology at a later date."
Unveiling a new five-year plan to improve worker safety at the factories in Bangladesh that produce their clothing, North American brands and retailers were keen to stress the similarities between the...
Department store retailer JC Penney has disputed reports that commercial lender CIT has stopped financing deliveries from smaller manufacturers to its stores....
One of Pakistan's largest textile companies, Nishat Chunian Limited, has acquired Taj Textile Mills in a deal worth PKR350m (US$3.4m)....
A group of leading North American retailers and brands - led by Wal-Mart and Gap - have committed more than $142m in funding and low interest loans to help improve factory safety conditions for garmen...
Chief technology officer Kristen Blum has been named as the latest executive to leave struggling department store retailer JC Penney....
Department store retailer JC Penney has secured a five-year US$2.25bn loan - $500m more than it originally expected - as it looks to turn its struggling business around....
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- C&A building brand loyalty through consistent fit
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015