US: JC Penney sourcing executive Mangone exits
Mangone has served as executive vice president of product development design and sourcing since January 2011
JC Penney has confirmed to just-style that Ken Mangone, executive vice president of product development, design and sourcing, has left after 35 years with the department store retailer.
Mangone had held the role since January 2011 at the Plano, Texas based retailer which operates 1,100 stores.
A spokesperson for the company said: "We wish Ken continued success and thank him for his years of service to JC Penney."
JC Penney saw its third-quarter sales slide earlier this month despite ongoing efforts to turnaround the business, which include lowering overall prices and adding in-store shops.
As part of these plans the retailer earlier this year announced plans to cut around 10% of the staff at its corporate headquarters earlier this year.
Omni-channel services may be delivering, but they can be complex. The goal is delivering a seamless omni-channel experience for apparel buying consumers and if the tech doesn't work, the sales aren't ...
After years of struggling sales, department store retailer JC Penney appointed Ron Johnson as its CEO in 2011, ushering in a new period of dramatic changes. With new management, a new logo, new spokes...
This report provides an update of business news in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company strategies; corporate social responsibility (CSR); financial results; intern...
Department store retailer JC Penney has secured a five-year US$2.25bn loan - $500m more than it originally expected - as it looks to turn its struggling business around....
Crailar Technologies, developer of the Crailar Flax fibre, is the latest company to join the Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC), which is working to reduce the environmental and social impacts of glo...
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- Crystal Group nurtures its caring culture
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Cambodia garment workers “dying on the job”
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Accord and Alliance discord over inspections
- Nike appointments to drive growth opportunities
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey