US: JC Penney sourcing executive Mangone exits
Mangone has served as executive vice president of product development design and sourcing since January 2011
JC Penney has confirmed to just-style that Ken Mangone, executive vice president of product development, design and sourcing, has left after 35 years with the department store retailer.
Mangone had held the role since January 2011 at the Plano, Texas based retailer which operates 1,100 stores.
A spokesperson for the company said: "We wish Ken continued success and thank him for his years of service to JC Penney."
JC Penney saw its third-quarter sales slide earlier this month despite ongoing efforts to turnaround the business, which include lowering overall prices and adding in-store shops.
As part of these plans the retailer earlier this year announced plans to cut around 10% of the staff at its corporate headquarters earlier this year.
Omni-channel services may be delivering, but they can be complex. The goal is delivering a seamless omni-channel experience for apparel buying consumers and if the tech doesn't work, the sales aren't ...
Department store retailer JC Penney has secured a five-year US$2.25bn loan - $500m more than it originally expected - as it looks to turn its struggling business around....
Crailar Technologies, developer of the Crailar Flax fibre, is the latest company to join the Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC), which is working to reduce the environmental and social impacts of glo...
Weak sales, clearance deals and promotions have led struggling US department store retailer JC Penney Company to more than double its losses in the first quarter....
NGOs are increasing pressure on international clothing brands and retailers that source from Bangladesh to sign the Accord on Fire and Building Safety following another fatal incident in a garment fac...
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Retailers warned of high volatility in Brexit wake
- Brexit uncertainty over pending EU trade deals
- Alliance cuts ties with three more factories
- Online fabric platform to "revolutionise" buying
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Better Work Vietnam launches labour law mobile app
- Uniqlo said to be scaling back US expansion
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark