US: JC Penney to launch private label lingerie brand
Department store JC Penney is preparing for its largest-ever private brand launch with new lingerie collection Ambrielle.
The range, which will be the centrepiece brand of JC Penney's redesigned lingerie departments, will be launched in stores, catalogues and online in spring next year.
The company's new intimate apparel 'boutiques' will feature newly designed fixtures, body forms showcasing the collection's assortment, oversized graphics and separate checkout registers for ease of shopping.
Myron E (Mike) Ullman III, chairman and CEO, said: "Ambrielle offers our modern lifestyle customer the fashion and quality she would find in a specialty store, but at a much smarter price.
"It represents our focus of listening intently to what our customers want and then offering them lingerie indulgences in an environment that is both easy and exciting."
US lingerie giant Victoria’s Secret says that despite rising production costs and worldwide competition from countries like China and Vietnam, it plans to source even more from Sri Lanka over the comi...
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores