US: JCPenney ads to focus on affordable designer brands
The spring advertising campaign from JC Penney Company for the first time focuses on the retailer's own range of designer brands as it seeks to attract shoppers trading down from high end stores and boutiques.
Lines such as nicole by Nicole Miller, Bisou Bisou by Michele Bohbot, ALLEN B by Allen B Schwartz, Fabulosity by Kimora Lee Simmons and I "Heart" Ronson by Charlotte Ronson will all feature in the campaign.
"Now more than ever, customers are looking for exceptional designer style at a price that makes sense for their families and their budgets," explains chief marketing officer Mike Boylson.
The retailer, which operates 1,093 department stores, has upped its style over the last several years with new national, private and exclusive brands to help differentiate it from its competitors in the economic downturn.
The new commercials, created with ad agency Saatchi & Saatchi, will launch during the 81st Annual Academy Awards on 22 February.
Executives from some of the world's leading retailers and brands last week shared their thoughts on what the economic crisis means to their businesses at the Reuters Global Luxury and Global Retail su...
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' July 2009 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Disney is launching new tween fashion lines inspired by its Jonas and Wizards of Waverly Place shows, which will be hitting retailers including JC Penney, Kmart, Sears, Walmart, Target and DisneyStore...
Around 1.4m pairs of children's clogs have been recalled in the US by footwear distributor Brown Shoe and its Hong Kong-based affiliate Pagoda International....
Department store retailer JC Penney Company Inc is opening its first-ever store in Manhattan at the end of this month....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' June 2009 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
JC Penney's president and chief merchandising officer Ken C Hicks has decamped to specialty athletic retailer Foot Locker where he is to take up the position of CEO....
Seamless intimate apparel, activewear and swimwear maker Tefron Ltd is in talks to set up a joint manufacturing venture in Egypt....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, HanesBrands
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020