US: JCPenney installs digital online tool in 120 stores
The Findmore fixture links online to in-store
US department store retailer J C Penney has rolled out its Findmore digital fixture to 120 stores as it looks to integrate online and in-store services.
The company will also begin rolling out a Findmore experience using iPad to 50 fine jewelry departments under its Modern Bride concept.
The 42-inch touchscreen Findmore fixtures give shoppers and store associates access to JCPenney's online store. The tool can check merchandise stock in the store and nearby stores, browse trends and e-mail images and information about an online item, the company said.
"We've always seen the value of integrating the online and in-store shopping experience offering customers the opportunity to have access to a greater merchandise selection by offering access to online purchases in the stores," said Tom Nealon, group executive vice president of JCPenney.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Sri Lankan investment firm Vallibel One has made its first foray into the apparel sector after buying a 50% stake in Orit Apparels (Private) Ltd for US$7.26m....
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar