US: JCPenney launches Xersion performance wear line
Retailer JC Penney Company Inc is launching a new private label performance wear brand to complement the other lines on sale in its activewear departments and give customers another reason to shop at its stores.
The new range, called Xersion, "delivers style and quality at a smart price" and it being rolled out in JCPenney stores, online and in catalogue this month.
Xersion will be available for both women and men, spanning apparel, footwear and accessories.
Each item is "designed to include various features to make workouts more comfortable and effective," according to Ken Hicks, JCPenney's president and chief merchandising officer.
Xersion - which was designed, developed and sourced by JCPenney - will include performance wear tops, bottoms, jackets, footwear and socks along with sports bras and bra tanks for women.
Items in the collection also feature elements such as moisture wicking or anti-microbial properties as well as features such as no-chafe seams, reflective tape and concealed pockets for credit cards, keys or iPods.
For women, Xersion also offers built-in support tops as well as shorts with built-in shapewear.
Falling into JCPenney's 'better' pricing category, Xersion will complement existing active wear brands on sales at its department stores such as SJB Active and national brands such as Nike and Adidas.
Prices will range from $24-28 for tops, $26 for sports bras, $28 for bra-tanks, $22-26 for shorts, $34-36 for bottoms, $40 jackets and $50 for footwear.
JCPenney operates 1,074 department stores.
Bangladesh's clothing and ready-made garment sector is undergoing unprecedented expansion, registering an average growth of 20% year-on-year, and has plans to be one of the top three exporters globall...
Department store retailer JC Penney Company has tried to calm what it describes as "unfounded market concerns" about its credit facility after an analyst said it was in danger of violating financial c...
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' December 2008 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
US supply chain software company Ecvision has released a new version of its Xpresscommerce solution this week, which it said has greater configurability features for its user base....
Clothing manufacturer Ms Bubbles has recalled around 55,000 children's hooded jackets with drawstrings due to a strangulation hazard, reported the US Consumer Product Safety Commission....
US retailer JC Penney has stopped using Oak Harbor Freight Lines to ship its merchandise in the western US, according to US union Teamsters....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' November 2008 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
The Black Friday shopping bonanza sets a precedent for holiday season sales in the US. But rarely has it been more important to fashion retailers as many try to manoeuvre their way out of the red afte...
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- VF Corp bullish for second-half growth
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies