US: JCPenney launches Xersion performance wear line
Retailer JC Penney Company Inc is launching a new private label performance wear brand to complement the other lines on sale in its activewear departments and give customers another reason to shop at its stores.
The new range, called Xersion, "delivers style and quality at a smart price" and it being rolled out in JCPenney stores, online and in catalogue this month.
Xersion will be available for both women and men, spanning apparel, footwear and accessories.
Each item is "designed to include various features to make workouts more comfortable and effective," according to Ken Hicks, JCPenney's president and chief merchandising officer.
Xersion - which was designed, developed and sourced by JCPenney - will include performance wear tops, bottoms, jackets, footwear and socks along with sports bras and bra tanks for women.
Items in the collection also feature elements such as moisture wicking or anti-microbial properties as well as features such as no-chafe seams, reflective tape and concealed pockets for credit cards, keys or iPods.
For women, Xersion also offers built-in support tops as well as shorts with built-in shapewear.
Falling into JCPenney's 'better' pricing category, Xersion will complement existing active wear brands on sales at its department stores such as SJB Active and national brands such as Nike and Adidas.
Prices will range from $24-28 for tops, $26 for sports bras, $28 for bra-tanks, $22-26 for shorts, $34-36 for bottoms, $40 jackets and $50 for footwear.
JCPenney operates 1,074 department stores.
Bangladesh's clothing and ready-made garment sector is undergoing unprecedented expansion, registering an average growth of 20% year-on-year, and has plans to be one of the top three exporters globall...
Department store retailer JC Penney Company has tried to calm what it describes as "unfounded market concerns" about its credit facility after an analyst said it was in danger of violating financial c...
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' December 2008 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
US supply chain software company Ecvision has released a new version of its Xpresscommerce solution this week, which it said has greater configurability features for its user base....
Clothing manufacturer Ms Bubbles has recalled around 55,000 children's hooded jackets with drawstrings due to a strangulation hazard, reported the US Consumer Product Safety Commission....
US retailer JC Penney has stopped using Oak Harbor Freight Lines to ship its merchandise in the western US, according to US union Teamsters....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' November 2008 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
The Black Friday shopping bonanza sets a precedent for holiday season sales in the US. But rarely has it been more important to fashion retailers as many try to manoeuvre their way out of the red afte...
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Outlook 2015: Challenges and opportunities
- Outlook 2015: What keeps you awake at night?
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Tommy Hilfiger digital showroom to reduce samples
- Fashion brands facing strong dollar “headwind”
- Adidas sells Rockport for $280m to focus on sports
- Adidas and Timberland commit to responsible down
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead