US: JCPenney unveils largest private label
JCPenney has introduced a new private apparel brand for the women's market called a.n.a. The company said the brand was its largest and fastest launch to date as well as being the company's first private brand launched simultaneously in all stores and in all size ranges - misses', petites and women's.
The a.n.a brand will offer a modern-casual lifestyle wardrobe of related fashion separates, priced from US$18 to $80. a.n.a. will debut this month in all JCPenney department stores.
The company said a.n.a represents "a new approach".
"Private brands are a key strength for JCPenney, and a.n.a is by far the largest brand launch we've ever undertaken right out of the box," said Myron E. (Mike) Ullman III, chairman and chief executive officer.
"The line was developed based on clear feedback from our customers, who wanted a fun line of fashionable casual and weekend wear. With the strength of our design team, our worldwide sourcing organisation and an industry-leading planning and allocation infrastructure, we were able to develop the right product and bring it to our customer across all of our distribution channels in record time, the fastest in JCPenney's history."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Body shape is a big issue, and brands that understand this are seeing significant improvements in sales, profits and customer loyalty. Intellifit and Fit Spec are two American companies spearheading t...
Retailer JCPenney and tailored clothing company Bagir said they are launching their machine-washable and dryable suit separates in more than 500 department stores this month....
Haggar Clothing Co has hired Tad Parnell as vice president, director of sales for JCPenney....
Department store retailer JC Penney has boosted its third-quarter income through good sales and reduced interest expense....
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- US Q4 in brief – VF Corp, Kate Spade, Rocky Brands
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar