USA: JCPenney.com Signs Up For New Sizing Service
TheRightSize, Inc, a provider of fit software and services to retailers and apparel manufacturers, announced today that JCPenney.com, one of America's largest online retailers, is among the first apparel sites to become a business subscriber and will feature TheRightSize's innovative fit technology when the service goes on line in time for the holiday season. Ernesto Aguirre, chief executive officer, named several other business subscribers who have recently signed with TheRightSize. They include Ocean Pacific, Fashion 500, Smart Casual.com, Puma International, and Seattle Pacific Industries, whose brands include Union Bay, Re*Union and Sergio Valente. "After looking into the alternatives, we arrived at the conclusion that TheRightSize offers the best solution to the problem of size-related returns. TheRightSize will bring added value to our online apparel business by making it easier for consumers to select merchandise that fits and to avoid the frustration of having to make costly and time-consuming returns," said Dick Baker, president and CEO of Ocean Pacific. Unlike existing technology that uses scanning and body measurements along with manufacturers' specifications to provide sizing information, TheRightSize requires no input of customer measurements. Instead, its patent-pending 'Rosetta Stone' technology can make highly accurate fit recommendations by computing patterns and matches based on consumers' true preferences and sizes in a variety of brands and styles. The service can be used by business subscribers as a branded, integrated and intrinsic feature within their own websites or catalog call centers with relative ease.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts