USA: JCPenney.com Signs Up For New Sizing Service
TheRightSize, Inc, a provider of fit software and services to retailers and apparel manufacturers, announced today that JCPenney.com, one of America's largest online retailers, is among the first apparel sites to become a business subscriber and will feature TheRightSize's innovative fit technology when the service goes on line in time for the holiday season. Ernesto Aguirre, chief executive officer, named several other business subscribers who have recently signed with TheRightSize. They include Ocean Pacific, Fashion 500, Smart Casual.com, Puma International, and Seattle Pacific Industries, whose brands include Union Bay, Re*Union and Sergio Valente. "After looking into the alternatives, we arrived at the conclusion that TheRightSize offers the best solution to the problem of size-related returns. TheRightSize will bring added value to our online apparel business by making it easier for consumers to select merchandise that fits and to avoid the frustration of having to make costly and time-consuming returns," said Dick Baker, president and CEO of Ocean Pacific. Unlike existing technology that uses scanning and body measurements along with manufacturers' specifications to provide sizing information, TheRightSize requires no input of customer measurements. Instead, its patent-pending 'Rosetta Stone' technology can make highly accurate fit recommendations by computing patterns and matches based on consumers' true preferences and sizes in a variety of brands and styles. The service can be used by business subscribers as a branded, integrated and intrinsic feature within their own websites or catalog call centers with relative ease.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- North Face parka features synthetic spider silk
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack