UK: JD Sports acquires Gio Goi youth brand
Sports and casual wear retailer JD Sports Fashion has acquired youth clothing brand Gio Goi - less than a month after it collapsed into administration.
Gio Goi called in administrators Jane Moriarty and Colin Haig from KMPG Restructuring Partners in January after struggling to return to pre-2009 growth levels.
Moriarty said: "Following our appointment as administrators to Gio Goi last month, I can confirm that we have successfully sold the brand and stock to JD Sports Fashion Plc for an undisclosed sum.
"The joint administrators will now concentrate on realising the remaining assets and winding down the companies. JD Sports Fashion Plc is renowned for developing brands and will look to build on Gio Goi's rich history."
The Gio Goi brand was distributed through JD Sports, USC, Littlewoods, Republic and Lifestyle in Ireland as well as a network of independent retailers. The company employed 24 people before it fell into administration.
JD Sports Fashion has named Gwynn Milligan managing director of its Bank fashion stores, replacing Peter Alecock who has been promoted to group commercial operations director....
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
More than 50 UK and overseas firms have expressed interest in buying upmarket UK fashion retailer Nicole Farhi, less than a week after it collapsed into administration....
The number of UK retailers falling into administration in the first half of 2013 fell by nearly one-third, with new research suggesting those that remain in business are now stronger and more robust....
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Crystal Group nurtures its caring culture
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Cambodia garment workers “dying on the job”
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Nike appointments to drive growth opportunities
- Accord and Alliance discord over inspections
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey