UK: JD Sports buys Cecil Gee for GBP1.7m
The UK company said the deal included eight of the nine existing Cecil Gee outlets, as well as the trading name and stock, adding that it intended to continue trading the stores with “an enhanced but similar premium branded fashion offer”.
JD Sports executive chairman Peter Cowgill said: “The acquisition of the Cecil Gee stores provides us with a low-risk springboard for the development of a well-funded, profitable premium brand fashion chain.”
Moss Bros said the deal was in line with its strategy of focusing on its core business, adding that the remaining Cecil Gee store in Glasgow would be converted to a new format Moss store in the next few weeks.
The company said it would use the proceeds, along with the disposal of the Hugo Boss franchised business announced earlier this year, to fund the redevelopment of its Moss branded stores, along with other investments.
Moss Bros said it was continuing to trade “well”, with like-for-like sales excluding Cecil Gee up 13.4% for the 20 weeks to 18 June, and gross margin ahead of last year.
The company added: “With the disposal of Cecil Gee secured, and the strong trading performance to date, the board, although mindful of the fragile external trading environment and the importance of Christmas trading to the full year results, nonetheless anticipates that the out-turn for the full year will be ahead of current market forecasts.”
As ERP and PLM integrated suites become an increasingly important tool for apparel companies looking to edge out the competition, software suppliers are also constantly adding new features and capabil...
Formal men's wear retailer Moss Bros Group said it was "confident" in the outlook for the full year after like-for-like sales recorded a double-digit rise in recent trading....
Retailer JD Sports Fashion is maintaining its guidance for the full year despite seeing a recent sales downturn - but the company warned that the Christmas trading period would be crucial to its fortu...
Hugo Boss' share price has fallen today on news that majority shareholder Permira Funds plans to sell part of its stake to institutional investors....
Apparel and lingerie maker Delta Galil Industries Ltd yesterday (10 November) said talks to buy Jones Group's jeanswear division are taking longer than the initial one-month timeframe, but the deal is...
Luxury fashion company Hugo Boss expects sales in Asia to almost triple by 2015, enabling the German business to increase its long-term revenue and earnings targets....
Fashion house Hugo Boss recorded double-digit increases in third quarter sales and earnings, thanks to growth in all three of the company's regions....
Marty Staff, the head of business development at struggling US manufacturer and retailer American Apparel Inc, is to leave the company after just six months it was revealed yesterday (26 October)....
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change