UK: JD Sports Fashion selects Centric PLM software
Sports and casual wear retailer JD Sports Fashion Plc has selected Centric Software to provide product lifecycle management (PLM) software to help improve the product development process for its apparel lines.
The Manchester-based company has purchased the Centric 8 PLM suite's Line Planning, Product Specification, Materials Management, Sourcing, Calendar Management, Quality and Adobe Connector modules.
"Improved data visibility will enable better management of processes, from design and merchandising to sourcing and warehousing, which is essential for our significant private labels business," explained Frank Watts, group IT director at JD Sports Fashion.
The retailer operates over 600 stores in the UK, Ireland, France and Spain selling leading international and sports brands as well as a number of own brands such as McKenzie and Carbrini.
Lectra has appointed Jean-Patrice Gros as the director of its Middle East and North African operations....
Athletic footwear and apparel company Asics America has chosen to implement the full Lawson Fashion Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) suite developed by Lawson Software....
Apparel company Fruit of the Loom is to implement Gerber Technology's YuniquePLM product life cycle management system....
Sporting goods and retail company Sports Direct is poised to acquire the Hot Tuna surf fashion brand in a GBP950,000 (US$1.45m) deal....
Retailer JD Sports Fashion believes its full-year result will meet current expectations, despite its recent GBP20m (US$31m) acquisition of Blacks Leisure....
Retailer Sports Direct has urged the UK Office of Fair Trading (OFT) to investigate the outdoor and sports retail markets following the sale of Blacks Leisure to rival JD Sports....
Sportswear retailer JD Sports is to acquire Blacks Leisure Group, the UK's largest outdoor clothing and equipment retailer, from its administrators for GBP20m....
PLM software developer Visual 2000 International is unveiling the fifth generation of its Visual PLM.net S fashion lifecycle management solution next week in New York....
- Speed to market key to Adidas 2020 growth plan
- SuperGroup to adapt sourcing model for speed
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- PSF 2015: GAFTI gears for change in apparel auditi
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- Transparency call for German apparel firms
- Lululemon Athletica on “strong growth” track
- Strike at Adidas and Nike shoe factory in Vietnam
- El Corte Ingles to accelerate time to market
- Honduras “union-busting” rift unresolved
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019