UK: JD Sports Fashion selects Centric PLM software
Sports and casual wear retailer JD Sports Fashion Plc has selected Centric Software to provide product lifecycle management (PLM) software to help improve the product development process for its apparel lines.
The Manchester-based company has purchased the Centric 8 PLM suite's Line Planning, Product Specification, Materials Management, Sourcing, Calendar Management, Quality and Adobe Connector modules.
"Improved data visibility will enable better management of processes, from design and merchandising to sourcing and warehousing, which is essential for our significant private labels business," explained Frank Watts, group IT director at JD Sports Fashion.
The retailer operates over 600 stores in the UK, Ireland, France and Spain selling leading international and sports brands as well as a number of own brands such as McKenzie and Carbrini.
Lectra has appointed Jean-Patrice Gros as the director of its Middle East and North African operations....
Athletic footwear and apparel company Asics America has chosen to implement the full Lawson Fashion Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) suite developed by Lawson Software....
Apparel company Fruit of the Loom is to implement Gerber Technology's YuniquePLM product life cycle management system....
Sporting goods and retail company Sports Direct is poised to acquire the Hot Tuna surf fashion brand in a GBP950,000 (US$1.45m) deal....
Retailer JD Sports Fashion believes its full-year result will meet current expectations, despite its recent GBP20m (US$31m) acquisition of Blacks Leisure....
Retailer Sports Direct has urged the UK Office of Fair Trading (OFT) to investigate the outdoor and sports retail markets following the sale of Blacks Leisure to rival JD Sports....
Sportswear retailer JD Sports is to acquire Blacks Leisure Group, the UK's largest outdoor clothing and equipment retailer, from its administrators for GBP20m....
PLM software developer Visual 2000 International is unveiling the fifth generation of its Visual PLM.net S fashion lifecycle management solution next week in New York....
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- PVH to take control of Tommy Hilfiger China unit
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024