UK: JD Sports Fashion selects Centric PLM software
Sports and casual wear retailer JD Sports Fashion Plc has selected Centric Software to provide product lifecycle management (PLM) software to help improve the product development process for its apparel lines.
The Manchester-based company has purchased the Centric 8 PLM suite's Line Planning, Product Specification, Materials Management, Sourcing, Calendar Management, Quality and Adobe Connector modules.
"Improved data visibility will enable better management of processes, from design and merchandising to sourcing and warehousing, which is essential for our significant private labels business," explained Frank Watts, group IT director at JD Sports Fashion.
The retailer operates over 600 stores in the UK, Ireland, France and Spain selling leading international and sports brands as well as a number of own brands such as McKenzie and Carbrini.
Lectra has appointed Jean-Patrice Gros as the director of its Middle East and North African operations....
Athletic footwear and apparel company Asics America has chosen to implement the full Lawson Fashion Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) suite developed by Lawson Software....
Apparel company Fruit of the Loom is to implement Gerber Technology's YuniquePLM product life cycle management system....
Sporting goods and retail company Sports Direct is poised to acquire the Hot Tuna surf fashion brand in a GBP950,000 (US$1.45m) deal....
Retailer JD Sports Fashion believes its full-year result will meet current expectations, despite its recent GBP20m (US$31m) acquisition of Blacks Leisure....
Retailer Sports Direct has urged the UK Office of Fair Trading (OFT) to investigate the outdoor and sports retail markets following the sale of Blacks Leisure to rival JD Sports....
Sportswear retailer JD Sports is to acquire Blacks Leisure Group, the UK's largest outdoor clothing and equipment retailer, from its administrators for GBP20m....
PLM software developer Visual 2000 International is unveiling the fifth generation of its Visual PLM.net S fashion lifecycle management solution next week in New York....
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- What's 3D-printing doing for apparel and footwear?
- Li & Fung eyes supply chain speed in 3-year plan
- Nike and Crystal Group "doing well by doing good"
- Zara USA faces US$5m deceptive pricing lawsuit
- What does supply chain mapping really mean?
- EU clothing imports from China continue to plunge
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras