UK: JD Sports maintains FY guidance after Blacks buy
- Christmas period like-for-like sales up 1.6%
- Gross margin in line with last year
- Forecasts FY result in line with expectations
Updating on Christmas trading, JD Sports said its core like-for-like sales for the five weeks to 7 January were up 1.6%, or 0.1% excluding VAT, with sports shops up 2.3% and fashion outlets down 0.7%.
The UK retailer said gross profit margins were broadly in line with the prior year.
Outside JD Sports’ core business, the company said its Chausport division had performed well, but Champion had been impacted by the “exceptionally difficult” economic situation in Ireland, although this was offset by improving margins.
Sprinter had shown a slight sales decline, but the company said it was happy with the overall direction of the business and anticipated opening its first JD stores in Spain in the first half of 2012.
JD Sports admitted that its recent acquisition out of administration of the Blacks outdoor retail business would reduce earnings in the current year, but added that these should still be within current expectations.
The company will make its preliminary results announcement on 28 January.
Retailer JD Sports Fashion recorded a 1.5% increase in like-for-like sales in the 19 weeks to 9 June, but margins came under pressure as offers continued to drive the market....
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Sports Apparel, and Fitness Clothing. The report provides separate comprehe...
UK sportswear retailer JD Sports has seen its full-year pre-tax profit hit by its acquisition of Blacks Leisure, the UK's largest outdoor clothing and equipment retailer, earlier this year....
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Teen retail being rocked by fast fashion headwinds
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- US retailers' March 2014 sales roundup
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- H&M "pushing the process" on sustainable fashion
- Adidas plans mobile phone hotline at all suppliers
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- VF Corp eyes speed to market with China hub
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Jeans in Italy
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects