UK: JD Sports Plc Appoints Barry Bown As Director
The board of John David Sports plc ('JD Sports') is pleased to announce that Barry Bown has been appointed director of the company with effect from 25 July 2000.JD Sports is a leading specialist retailer of fashionable branded sports and leisure wear based in Heywood, Lancashire with some 135 stores nationwide.Barry joined JD Sports in 1984 and has filled senior manager roles in both retail buying and merchandising. He is presently chief operating officer andheads the executive board which comprises selected members of seniormanagement.Commenting on the announcement, John Wardle, chairman, JD Sports,said: "The appointment of Barry Bown as director to the company is avaluable addition to the board and a recognition of the contribution he has made to the performance of the company. Barry's enthusiasm is well known and I am delighted to welcome him as a board member."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"