UK: JD Sports Plc Appoints Barry Bown As Director
The board of John David Sports plc ('JD Sports') is pleased to announce that Barry Bown has been appointed director of the company with effect from 25 July 2000.JD Sports is a leading specialist retailer of fashionable branded sports and leisure wear based in Heywood, Lancashire with some 135 stores nationwide.Barry joined JD Sports in 1984 and has filled senior manager roles in both retail buying and merchandising. He is presently chief operating officer andheads the executive board which comprises selected members of seniormanagement.Commenting on the announcement, John Wardle, chairman, JD Sports,said: "The appointment of Barry Bown as director to the company is avaluable addition to the board and a recognition of the contribution he has made to the performance of the company. Barry's enthusiasm is well known and I am delighted to welcome him as a board member."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Li & Fung dropped from Hang Seng Index
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022