UK: JD Sports Plc Appoints Barry Bown As Director
The board of John David Sports plc ('JD Sports') is pleased to announce that Barry Bown has been appointed director of the company with effect from 25 July 2000.JD Sports is a leading specialist retailer of fashionable branded sports and leisure wear based in Heywood, Lancashire with some 135 stores nationwide.Barry joined JD Sports in 1984 and has filled senior manager roles in both retail buying and merchandising. He is presently chief operating officer andheads the executive board which comprises selected members of seniormanagement.Commenting on the announcement, John Wardle, chairman, JD Sports,said: "The appointment of Barry Bown as director to the company is avaluable addition to the board and a recognition of the contribution he has made to the performance of the company. Barry's enthusiasm is well known and I am delighted to welcome him as a board member."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- NRF 2017 – Retail tech launches and developments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022