UK: JD Sports Plc Appoints Barry Bown As Director
The board of John David Sports plc ('JD Sports') is pleased to announce that Barry Bown has been appointed director of the company with effect from 25 July 2000.JD Sports is a leading specialist retailer of fashionable branded sports and leisure wear based in Heywood, Lancashire with some 135 stores nationwide.Barry joined JD Sports in 1984 and has filled senior manager roles in both retail buying and merchandising. He is presently chief operating officer andheads the executive board which comprises selected members of seniormanagement.Commenting on the announcement, John Wardle, chairman, JD Sports,said: "The appointment of Barry Bown as director to the company is avaluable addition to the board and a recognition of the contribution he has made to the performance of the company. Barry's enthusiasm is well known and I am delighted to welcome him as a board member."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Li & Fung eyes speed, innovation & digitalisation
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Apparel group Sae-A opens second school in Haiti
- Hirdaramani to head WFSGI manufacturers committee
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack