UK: JD Sports to launch value fashion chain
UK retailer JD Sports Fashion has revealed plans to launch a value fashion chain, with store numbers expected to see double-digit growth by the end of the year.
The own brand fashion concept, which is likely to trade as Open, will focus around every day value fashion basics, JD said in a statement. The company added that it has "built an experienced team" for the launch during the second half of 2014.
"It will not in any way resemble the previous Open concept operated by the group in Liverpool and Glasgow ten years ago," the statement added.
Earlier this month, JD Sports hailed a "robust performance" over Christmas, driven by its core sports fascias, and expects further growth elsewhere in the group this year.
The retailer has expanded its brand portfolio over the last few months, with the addition of majority stakes in ActivInstinct, an online retailer of technical sporting and outdoor wear, and outdoor clothing and equipment business Tiso Group.
UK retailer JD Sports says it expects full-year profit to be at the top end of its guidance after booking a strong sales performance over the Christmas trading period....
This report is a crucial resource for industry executives and anyone looking to access key information about "JD Sports Fashion Plc". The report utilizes a wide range of primary and secondary sources,...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corpora...
UK retailer JD Sports Fashion has sold its struggling young fashion brand Bank to a subsidiary of Hilco Capital Limited....
This report provides an update of business news in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate social responsibility (CSR); financial results; international trade policy...
- Levi Strauss raises the bar on sustainability
- Gap and H&M back Myanmar path to labour reform
- Nike reaffirms US production commitment
- H&M faces margin pressure on dollar impact
- Can technology shape a sustainable fashion future?
- Myanmar minimum wage set at US$3.2 per day
- Talks progressing on Myanmar minimum wage
- Far Eastern to invest $323m in Vietnam textile hub
- Fast Retailing supplier continues strike talks
- Hugo Boss in talks over supplier labour claims
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: The EU - May 2015
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015