UK: JD Sports to launch value fashion chain
UK retailer JD Sports Fashion has revealed plans to launch a value fashion chain, with store numbers expected to see double-digit growth by the end of the year.
The own brand fashion concept, which is likely to trade as Open, will focus around every day value fashion basics, JD said in a statement. The company added that it has "built an experienced team" for the launch during the second half of 2014.
"It will not in any way resemble the previous Open concept operated by the group in Liverpool and Glasgow ten years ago," the statement added.
Earlier this month, JD Sports hailed a "robust performance" over Christmas, driven by its core sports fascias, and expects further growth elsewhere in the group this year.
The retailer has expanded its brand portfolio over the last few months, with the addition of majority stakes in ActivInstinct, an online retailer of technical sporting and outdoor wear, and outdoor clothing and equipment business Tiso Group.
JD Sports Fashion majority shareholder Pentland Brands posted an improved full-year profit as revenues rose 10% in the 12 months to 31 December....
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
UK retailer JD Sports Fashion forecasts a "satisfactory" increase in first-half profit, after like-for-like sales were boosted by the build-up to the World Cup football tournament....
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company...
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- INTERVIEW: David Nieper pushes Made in UK momentum
- VF Corp bullish for second-half growth
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- ILO backs Burma project to improve work practices
- UN rights expert urges further Cambodia reforms
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies