UK: JD Sports to launch value fashion chain
UK retailer JD Sports Fashion has revealed plans to launch a value fashion chain, with store numbers expected to see double-digit growth by the end of the year.
The own brand fashion concept, which is likely to trade as Open, will focus around every day value fashion basics, JD said in a statement. The company added that it has "built an experienced team" for the launch during the second half of 2014.
"It will not in any way resemble the previous Open concept operated by the group in Liverpool and Glasgow ten years ago," the statement added.
Earlier this month, JD Sports hailed a "robust performance" over Christmas, driven by its core sports fascias, and expects further growth elsewhere in the group this year.
The retailer has expanded its brand portfolio over the last few months, with the addition of majority stakes in ActivInstinct, an online retailer of technical sporting and outdoor wear, and outdoor clothing and equipment business Tiso Group.
UK retailer JD Sports says it expects full-year profit to be at the top end of its guidance after booking a strong sales performance over the Christmas trading period....
UK retailer JD Sports Fashion has sold its struggling young fashion brand Bank to a subsidiary of Hilco Capital Limited....
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape