UK: JD Sports to launch value fashion chain
UK retailer JD Sports Fashion has revealed plans to launch a value fashion chain, with store numbers expected to see double-digit growth by the end of the year.
The own brand fashion concept, which is likely to trade as Open, will focus around every day value fashion basics, JD said in a statement. The company added that it has "built an experienced team" for the launch during the second half of 2014.
"It will not in any way resemble the previous Open concept operated by the group in Liverpool and Glasgow ten years ago," the statement added.
Earlier this month, JD Sports hailed a "robust performance" over Christmas, driven by its core sports fascias, and expects further growth elsewhere in the group this year.
The retailer has expanded its brand portfolio over the last few months, with the addition of majority stakes in ActivInstinct, an online retailer of technical sporting and outdoor wear, and outdoor clothing and equipment business Tiso Group.
UK retailer JD Sports says it expects full-year profit to be at the top end of its guidance after booking a strong sales performance over the Christmas trading period....
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
This report is a crucial resource for industry executives and anyone looking to access key information about "JD Sports Fashion Plc". The report utilizes a wide range of primary and secondary sources,...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company...
UK retailer JD Sports Fashion has sold its struggling young fashion brand Bank to a subsidiary of Hilco Capital Limited....
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corpora...
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- US takes final step to WTO TFA implementation
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024