UK: JD Sports to launch value fashion chain
UK retailer JD Sports Fashion has revealed plans to launch a value fashion chain, with store numbers expected to see double-digit growth by the end of the year.
The own brand fashion concept, which is likely to trade as Open, will focus around every day value fashion basics, JD said in a statement. The company added that it has "built an experienced team" for the launch during the second half of 2014.
"It will not in any way resemble the previous Open concept operated by the group in Liverpool and Glasgow ten years ago," the statement added.
Earlier this month, JD Sports hailed a "robust performance" over Christmas, driven by its core sports fascias, and expects further growth elsewhere in the group this year.
The retailer has expanded its brand portfolio over the last few months, with the addition of majority stakes in ActivInstinct, an online retailer of technical sporting and outdoor wear, and outdoor clothing and equipment business Tiso Group.
UK retailer JD Sports says it expects full-year profit to be at the top end of its guidance after booking a strong sales performance over the Christmas trading period....
UK retailer JD Sports Fashion has sold its struggling young fashion brand Bank to a subsidiary of Hilco Capital Limited....
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Retailers warned of high volatility in Brexit wake
- Lies and statistics – the sustainability version
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Myanmar factories prepare for compliance training
- Alliance cuts ties with three more factories
- Online fabric platform to "revolutionise" buying
- ILO decent work in global supply chains criticised
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark