JD.com buys stake in Kingdee Software
Chinese online direct sales group JD.com has entered into a deal to acquire a stake in Kingdee International Software Group Company.
The deal sees JD.com invest HK$1.3bn (US$170m) in cash in consideration for an approximate 10% stake in Kingdee. Additionally, the two companies will join forces on providing small and medium-sized enterprises with integrated ERP solutions through a cloud service.
The purchase price will be HK$4.60 per share, representing the average closing price of Kingdee's shares for the 15 trading days prior to the signing of the agreement.
"We are delighted to be partnering with JD.com, which has developed industry-leading proprietary e-commerce and logistics technologies," said Shaochun Xu, Kingdee CEO. "This is a key milestone in Kingdee's development history. We will take this opportunity to leverage both companies' large customer and user bases, accelerate the development of Kingdee's cloud offering and expand our one-stop shop cloud services.
"Collaboration with JD.com will further allow Kingdee to take our enterprise solutions to the next level by integrating JD.com's e-commerce and logistics vertical solutions. This planned strategic partnership will position us to provide leading cloud-based ERP solutions and continue to lead the enterprise mobile Internet market for years to come. "
The transaction is expected to close in the second quarter of 2015, subject to customary approvals and closing conditions.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts