UK: Jeff Banks To Design New clothing Range For Sainsbury's
The internationally renowned fashion designer, Jeff Banks, and his design consultancy HQ, have signed a three year contract to work in partnership with Sainsbury's to design a new fashion concept.As well as the creation of sharp, up to the minute clothing collections for men and women, Banks and his team will be involved in all elements of the project, from designing a designated in-store clothing area and shop fit through to visual merchandising and staff training. The clothes will be sold in Sainsbury's large format stores.Jeff Banks said: "This is an exciting project for me. Sainsbury's vision is one of quality and, most importantly, difference. They are looking for something that breaks the mould in buying fashion at the supermarket, a challenge which I am greatly looking forward to".Helen Vance, Sainsbury's commercial manager for clothing and general merchandise said: "We are delighted to be working with Jeff Banks who is a figurehead in fashion design and retailing. His considerable experience will enable us to create the excellence we are striving for, and we look forward with great excitement to launching the new range. In keeping with the Sainsbury's brand, the collections will be designed from a commitment to quality, fit and style."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016