UK: Jewellery Group Signet Reveals Sparkling Sales
British jewellery retailer Signet Group, owner of the H Samuel and Ernest chains, revealed Thursday that group like-for-like sales climbed 6.5 per cent in the eight weeks to December 24, compared to slight fall in the third quarter.
It added that UK same store sales rose by 9.7 per cent over the same period, compared with growth of 7.2 per cent in the third quarter. Comparable sales in the US rose 5.3 per cent, compared to a decline of 4.4 per cent in the third quarter.
In a statement, Signet Group chief executive, Terry Burman, said he was "very pleased with the group's performance over the important Christmas period".
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- North Face parka features synthetic spider silk
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack