GERMANY: Jil Sander Axes 130 With Plant Closure
Upmarket fashion label Jil Sander AG is axing 130 employees in Hamburg, Germany, as it shifts operations to Italy, financial newspaper Boersen-Zeitung said.
Jil Sander, which is shutting its last remaining German manufacturing base, is said to be in discussions with the works council to establish a redundancy scheme for the employees.
Jil Sander, which was bought by fashion house in Prada in 1999/2000, hopes its restructuring plan will help the business return to profit.
Italian fashion company Prada SpA has agreed to sell its Jil Sander unit to private equity firm Change Capital Partners....
Fashion house Prada has named Armando Tolomelli as control director and Cinzia Tito as human resources manager of the business, press reports said....
Luxury label Prada could be in danger of stealing Burberry's crown as the label of choice for Britain's hooligans, if the recent banning of its shoes at Manchester nightclubs is anything to go by....
Luxury fashion label Prada is pursuing annual growth of 23.5 per cent over the next five years, according to statements given to its banks....
German fashion house Jil Sander, a unit of Italian luxury goods group Prada, has narrowed its first-half net loss to €9.7 million, compared with a net loss of €15.3 million in the January to July peri...
German designer label Jil Sander is to shut its only remaining German manufacturing site as part of an ongoing restructuring plan....
Colombian clothing distributor Le Collezioni has agreed a contract with Italian garment maker Loro Piana to exclusively distribute its products in Colombia....
Belgian designer Raf Simons has been named as fashion label Jil Sander's new creative director, ending months of speculation over who will replace the label's founder. ...
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020