GERMANY: Jil Sander Ends German Production
Fashion house Jil Sander, which is owned by Prada, says it will shift its remaining German manufacturing operations to Italy in an attempt to cut costs.
The Hamburg-based label said it hoped that the move, part of an ongoing restructuring which has already seen most of the company's production shift to Italy, would help it return to profit in 2006.
Only the label's headquarters functions, textile design and product development will remain in Germany.
It is as yet unknown how many of the company's 400 jobs in Germany will be axed.
The label's founder, Jil Sander, quit the business for the second time in November 2004 after irresolvable disagreements with Prada on the company's future strategy.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Feet are going to be warm and cosy next winter. Fur, both real and synthetic, was all around at the latest GDS shoe fair in Germany, on the inside and outside of shoes as well as boots, writes Penny L...
Fashion house Prada has named Armando Tolomelli as control director and Cinzia Tito as human resources manager of the business, press reports said....
Luxury label Prada could be in danger of stealing Burberry's crown as the label of choice for Britain's hooligans, if the recent banning of its shoes at Manchester nightclubs is anything to go by....
Luxury fashion label Prada is pursuing annual growth of 23.5 per cent over the next five years, according to statements given to its banks....
Upmarket fashion label Jil Sander AG is axing 130 employees in Hamburg, Germany, as it shifts operations to Italy, financial newspaper Boersen-Zeitung said....
German fashion house Jil Sander, a unit of Italian luxury goods group Prada, has narrowed its first-half net loss to €9.7 million, compared with a net loss of €15.3 million in the January to July peri...
German designer label Jil Sander is to shut its only remaining German manufacturing site as part of an ongoing restructuring plan....
Colombian clothing distributor Le Collezioni has agreed a contract with Italian garment maker Loro Piana to exclusively distribute its products in Colombia....
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- US Q4 in brief – PVH Corp, J Crew, Perry Ellis
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective