GERMANY: Jil Sander Reports Rise In Profit And Sales
Prada chief executive, Patrizio Bertelli, wants to build Prada into a fashion giant to rival LVMH Moet-Hennessy Louis Vuitton.
In the first set of full-year results since Prada acquired the company, net profit rose to EUR4.9 million last year from EUR4.1 million, while sales increased to EUR 134.8 million from EUR 115.9million the year before.
Bertelli is already predicting that sales this year will be higher than last and orders for the fall/winter collections this year are higher than the previous year.
One of the most respected designers of her era, Jil Sander left the company after Prada bought a 52 per cent share in the label.
Bertelli is said to be concentrating on cutting costs, boosting efficiency and transforming the label into an international brand.
By Deborah Bowyer.
Companies: Prada Group
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Feet are going to be warm and cosy next winter. Fur, both real and synthetic, was all around at the latest GDS shoe fair in Germany, on the inside and outside of shoes as well as boots, writes Penny L...
Fashion house Prada has named Armando Tolomelli as control director and Cinzia Tito as human resources manager of the business, press reports said....
Luxury label Prada could be in danger of stealing Burberry's crown as the label of choice for Britain's hooligans, if the recent banning of its shoes at Manchester nightclubs is anything to go by....
Luxury fashion label Prada is pursuing annual growth of 23.5 per cent over the next five years, according to statements given to its banks....
Upmarket fashion label Jil Sander AG is axing 130 employees in Hamburg, Germany, as it shifts operations to Italy, financial newspaper Boersen-Zeitung said....
German fashion house Jil Sander, a unit of Italian luxury goods group Prada, has narrowed its first-half net loss to €9.7 million, compared with a net loss of €15.3 million in the January to July peri...
German designer label Jil Sander is to shut its only remaining German manufacturing site as part of an ongoing restructuring plan....
Colombian clothing distributor Le Collezioni has agreed a contract with Italian garment maker Loro Piana to exclusively distribute its products in Colombia....
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022