USA: Jim O'Donnell Named American Eagle CEO, Sales Slump
O'Donnell had shared the title with Roger Markfield, who is now vice chairman and president of the Pennsylvania-based company's American Eagle Division.
Markfield's duties will now include overseeing merchandising, design, production and marketing of the brand.
Commenting on the new appointments, company chairman Jay Schottenstein said American Eagle was "strengthening and redirecting" it's best talent in order to "turn around" the business.
"I'm pleased to have Roger sharply focusing on setting the strategic direction of the merchandising and marketing initiatives of the American Eagle brand, where his talent and accomplishments are proven," he said.
"Jim O'Donnell has demonstrated strong leadership and solid operating disciplines.
"I am confident that, as CEO, Jim will effectively lead a strategic turnaround and position American Eagle for sustained future growth."
The retailer, which also operates the Bluenotes/Thriftys chain, said the sharp sales decline was recorded throughout namesake stores open at least a year.
Total sales for the four weeks to November 1 fell 8.3 per cent year-on-year to $96.1 million.
Companies: American Eagle Outfitters
Lifestyle company American Eagle Outfitters is to relocate its Warrendale-based corporate headquarters to an urban development in Pittsburgh....
Lifestyle retailer American Eagle Outfitters has announced that its new casual sportswear retail concept will be called MARTIN + OSA, after Kansan outdoor explorers Martin and Osa Johnson....
American Eagle Outfitters Inc on Tuesday lowered its third quarter earnings forecast amid inconsistent store traffic in September....
Casual clothing company American Eagle Outfitters Inc says it plans to launch a new concept next year aimed at driving expansion....
GT Nexus, a supply-chain software and services provider, says it has netted a deal to implement and operate a technology platform for global transportation and import operations management for lifesty...
American Eagle Outfitters Inc has announced that Joan Hilson Sr and Dale Clifton will take on the duties of executive vice president and chief financial officer following the resignation of Laura Weil...
Lifestyle retailer American Eagle Outfitters Inc says that good sales of teen apparel pushed up second-quarter turnover, almost doubling its earnings for the period....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' July sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020