US: Jimmy Choi named senior VP, MD of Kellwood Global Asia
Apparel and soft goods marketer Kellwood Global has appointed Jimmy Choi as its senior VP and managing director of Kellwood Global Asia.
Choi will be responsible for leading strategic sourcing and production for the Asia business unit and will also be a point of liaison between domestic and international Kellwood business units.
He has 25 years of experience in production and supply chain management, having spent his entire career with apparel firm Oxford Industries. His most recent position at Oxford was VP, Asian operations.
"Jimmy has the ideal experience, leadership skills and industry knowledge necessary to accelerate our strategy to develop a world class global sourcing model," said Jeff Streader, president of Kellwood Global.
Kellwood Global manages a major portion of Kellwood's worldwide supply chain activities.
Gary Simmons, president of Gerber Childrenswear, has added the title of chief executive officer of the Kellwood Co unit....
Daniel Karpel has been promoted to vice president and controller of Kellwood Co. He continues to report to Gregg Kleffner, senior vice president of finance and corporate controller....
Larry Katzen has been added to the board of directors of Houston, Texas-based The Men's Wearhouse after the firm's board voted to increase its size to nine members from eight....
Apparel marketer Kellwood Company is upgrading its IT and business systems to help achieve operational efficiencies and to improve collaboration with its partners and vendors....
Facing "a very challenging environment for our historical menswear business," Oxford Industries' saw its third-quarter profits fall more than expected and reduced its guidance for the final quarter of...
Kellwood has promoted Jesse Zee to chairman and Gerald Rhoads to managing director of its Smart Shirts subsidiary in Hong Kong, effective 1 April....
International apparel retailers are increasing their presence in China, partly as a ploy to fight against counterfeiters in the country, suggests latest research....
Kellwood Company's fourth-quarter profits fell on a series of charges but rose when discontinued operations and special items were excluded....
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- just-style Sourcing Survey – share your thoughts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack