UK: JJB Sports Issues Profit Warning
Leading UK sports chain JJB Sports on Thursday issuing a profit warning and said it expected tough trading conditions for the next two years, an announcement that sent its shares into freefall. The retailer had been expected to enjoy a World Cup boom amid surging sales of kits and merchandise, but JJB said while that had been the case it had impacted on higher-margin branded clothes.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Tailored Brands, Genesco
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth