UK: Jobs Axe Hits 190 Scottish Clothing Workers
Up to 110 employees of Delta Babygro will lose their jobs at the Kirkcaldy factory when its sewing operations are transferred to Romania and the Middle East, although it will keep on a further 140 staff.
Meanwhile upscale cotton shirt makers Hilditch and Key has axed more than 70 staff at its plant in Glenrothes amid rumours production has been switched to Pakistan to take advantage of cheaper labour.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- NRF 2017 – Retail tech launches and developments
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Limited Stores files for bankruptcy protection
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022