UK: Jobs Axe Hits 190 Scottish Clothing Workers
Up to 110 employees of Delta Babygro will lose their jobs at the Kirkcaldy factory when its sewing operations are transferred to Romania and the Middle East, although it will keep on a further 140 staff.
Meanwhile upscale cotton shirt makers Hilditch and Key has axed more than 70 staff at its plant in Glenrothes amid rumours production has been switched to Pakistan to take advantage of cheaper labour.
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack