UK: Jockey, Kellwood sign children’s wear licensing deal
Under the terms of the licensing agreement Gerber Childrenswear, a division of clothing maker Kellwood Company, will design, produce and distribute Jockey-branded underwear, sleepwear and thermalwear for infants, toddlers and children.
"This is an excellent opportunity for Jockey to work with an established expert in the children's apparel industry," said Jockey's vice president of domestic licensing, Milou Gwyn.
"This initiative also enables Jockey to dedicate more resources to our core business of adult apparel."
Financial terms of the deal, which is effective immediately, were not disclosed. Gerber Childrenswear will distribute the products in the United States and Canada.
Located in Kenosha, Wisconsin, Jockey International is a manufacturer and marketer of comfort apparel products sold in major department and specialty stores across the country.
Gerber Childrenswear is a marketer of infant and toddler apparel and related products, which it offers under its flagship licensed brand Gerber, as well as the Onesies brand one piece underwear.
St Louis-based Kellwood manufactures branded and private-label apparel and recreational and camping equipment.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Stein Mart has announced that Glori Katz has been named as its senior vice president, marketing and advertising....
JC Penney Company and Kellwood Company today announced the launch of Fabulosity, a sportswear line designed by Kimora Lee Simmons and to be sold exclusively at JCPenney....
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Bangladesh government steps in on labour crackdown
- Bangladesh calls for duty-free access to US
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022