US: Jockey names Norfleet as president and COO
Underwear company Jockey has named Bryan Norfleet as president and chief operating officer.
He will replace Ed Emma, who will become consultant to the CEO on 14 December.
Norfleet joined the company in 2010 as president of North America wholesale and licensing. The company said he spearheaded the Coopers by Jockey launch at Nordstrom, Jockey's shapewear collaboration with Yummie Tummie and the new JKY by Jockey collection at Target. He has more than 25 years of apparel, footwear and retail industry experience and has held management positions at PMI, Brown Shoe Company and Genesco.
"Under Ed Emma's leadership, Jockey experienced a period of remarkable growth and expansion. He is leaving behind a rich legacy, and we are deeply thankful for his extraordinary stewardship of the Jockey brand," said company chairman and CEO Debra Waller.
"As we look to the future, we are fortunate to have an exceptionally skilled and experienced leader in Byron Norfleet. He possesses the vision, expertise and strategic focus to ensure Jockey's continued success in the years ahead."
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' January 2013 sales results....
Specialty clothing retailer The Wet Seal has named former Bebe Stores executive Tamara Chamberlain as its new vice president and general merchandise manager of the Arden B division....
- Better factory conditions boost the bottom line
- Is there more to Primark's woes than the weather?
- Under Armour on track with new UAS sportswear line
- Myanmar garment exports surged 20% in 2015
- Fashion meets function with end-to-end solutions
- Vietnam garment exports slow as orders stall
- Nike digital direction pushes speed and innovation
- H&M living wage commitments criticised in Cambodia
- Vietnam's Vinatex opens $5.7m garment factory
- PVH debuts Van Heusen self-fastening shirts