US: Jockey names Norfleet as president and COO
Underwear company Jockey has named Bryan Norfleet as president and chief operating officer.
He will replace Ed Emma, who will become consultant to the CEO on 14 December.
Norfleet joined the company in 2010 as president of North America wholesale and licensing. The company said he spearheaded the Coopers by Jockey launch at Nordstrom, Jockey's shapewear collaboration with Yummie Tummie and the new JKY by Jockey collection at Target. He has more than 25 years of apparel, footwear and retail industry experience and has held management positions at PMI, Brown Shoe Company and Genesco.
"Under Ed Emma's leadership, Jockey experienced a period of remarkable growth and expansion. He is leaving behind a rich legacy, and we are deeply thankful for his extraordinary stewardship of the Jockey brand," said company chairman and CEO Debra Waller.
"As we look to the future, we are fortunate to have an exceptionally skilled and experienced leader in Byron Norfleet. He possesses the vision, expertise and strategic focus to ensure Jockey's continued success in the years ahead."
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' January 2013 sales results....
Specialty clothing retailer The Wet Seal has named former Bebe Stores executive Tamara Chamberlain as its new vice president and general merchandise manager of the Arden B division....
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- C&A building brand loyalty through consistent fit
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015