US: Jockey names Norfleet as president and COO
Underwear company Jockey has named Bryan Norfleet as president and chief operating officer.
He will replace Ed Emma, who will become consultant to the CEO on 14 December.
Norfleet joined the company in 2010 as president of North America wholesale and licensing. The company said he spearheaded the Coopers by Jockey launch at Nordstrom, Jockey's shapewear collaboration with Yummie Tummie and the new JKY by Jockey collection at Target. He has more than 25 years of apparel, footwear and retail industry experience and has held management positions at PMI, Brown Shoe Company and Genesco.
"Under Ed Emma's leadership, Jockey experienced a period of remarkable growth and expansion. He is leaving behind a rich legacy, and we are deeply thankful for his extraordinary stewardship of the Jockey brand," said company chairman and CEO Debra Waller.
"As we look to the future, we are fortunate to have an exceptionally skilled and experienced leader in Byron Norfleet. He possesses the vision, expertise and strategic focus to ensure Jockey's continued success in the years ahead."
Apparel Retail in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also c...
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' January 2013 sales results....
Specialty clothing retailer The Wet Seal has named former Bebe Stores executive Tamara Chamberlain as its new vice president and general merchandise manager of the Arden B division....
Footwear retailer Brown Shoe Company has returned to profit during the fourth quarter, helped by higher sales and a restructuring of its business....
Upscale department store retailer Nordstrom Inc has revealed plans to double the number of Nordstrom Rack stores it operates to more than 230 over the next four years....
Upscale department store retailer Nordstrom Inc has posted a 20% jump in fourth-quarter profit, but said investments in e-commerce and expansion of its Nordstrom Rack stores would impact profit in the...
- The current state of play in world garment exports
- Fung Capital helps PLM firm expand into Asia
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- Adidas investigating Cambodia faintings
- Footwear “facing increased compliance challenges"
- Matalan defends its position on Bangladesh
- Arrests made at US REI/North Face protests
- North Face commits to 100% recycled polyester
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report