US: Jockey names Norfleet as president and COO
Underwear company Jockey has named Bryan Norfleet as president and chief operating officer.
He will replace Ed Emma, who will become consultant to the CEO on 14 December.
Norfleet joined the company in 2010 as president of North America wholesale and licensing. The company said he spearheaded the Coopers by Jockey launch at Nordstrom, Jockey's shapewear collaboration with Yummie Tummie and the new JKY by Jockey collection at Target. He has more than 25 years of apparel, footwear and retail industry experience and has held management positions at PMI, Brown Shoe Company and Genesco.
"Under Ed Emma's leadership, Jockey experienced a period of remarkable growth and expansion. He is leaving behind a rich legacy, and we are deeply thankful for his extraordinary stewardship of the Jockey brand," said company chairman and CEO Debra Waller.
"As we look to the future, we are fortunate to have an exceptionally skilled and experienced leader in Byron Norfleet. He possesses the vision, expertise and strategic focus to ensure Jockey's continued success in the years ahead."
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' January 2013 sales results....
Specialty clothing retailer The Wet Seal has named former Bebe Stores executive Tamara Chamberlain as its new vice president and general merchandise manager of the Arden B division....
- What the EU-Vietnam trade deal means for duties
- Ultimate frontier Myanmar uplifts Bogart Lingerie
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- US apparel import growth led by Bangladesh
- Esquel backs Chinese Sea Island cotton production
- Sears looks to lift apparel via sourcing changes
- Direct sourcing helps M&S narrow the gap with Next
- Eco-friendly garment factory opens in Bangladesh
- Clothing and sports chains in activewear battle
- Nike accelerates digital strategy with new hire
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Practical Price Negotiation
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020