EUROPE: Jockey to launch women's loungewear line
US apparel maker Jockey International is to launch its first women's loungewear collection in Europe.
The move is a milestone for the company, which previously focused on its core ranges of men's underwear, before launching its men's fashion collections - USA Originals and International collection - in recent years.
Jockey said the new launch comes after it spotted a gap in the "heavily lingerie-led" women's market.
"We saw huge potential with this collection to add credibility to our European offering and make a difference in the market after the success of the men's night and loungewear ranges," said Jockey product director Jens Nolls. "We listened to the buyers requests for fashionable, high quality women's pieces and created the collection to complement the men's ranges."
The USA Originals Collection for women will launch in August exclusively online.
- M&S to launch supply chain human rights policy
- Nike reaffirms US production commitment
- VF pushes ahead on chemicals management
- M&S project benefits garment worker health
- Can the Gap brand reclaim its iconic status?
- Myanmar minimum wage set at US$3.2 per day
- China cotton stockpile auction may shake up market
- Far Eastern to invest $323m in Vietnam textile hub
- C&A to add "accurate fit" label to garments
- US retail landscape "mediocre" over next 5 years