EUROPE: Jockey to launch women's loungewear line
US apparel maker Jockey International is to launch its first women's loungewear collection in Europe.
The move is a milestone for the company, which previously focused on its core ranges of men's underwear, before launching its men's fashion collections - USA Originals and International collection - in recent years.
Jockey said the new launch comes after it spotted a gap in the "heavily lingerie-led" women's market.
"We saw huge potential with this collection to add credibility to our European offering and make a difference in the market after the success of the men's night and loungewear ranges," said Jockey product director Jens Nolls. "We listened to the buyers requests for fashionable, high quality women's pieces and created the collection to complement the men's ranges."
The USA Originals Collection for women will launch in August exclusively online.
- How M&S plans to revamp its clothing business
- The difference between compliance and safety?
- Yarn-forward rules weigh on Vietnam TPP potential
- UK retailers key to domestic manufacturing growth
- Central America must make better use of DR-CAFTA
- Gap accused of rights violations in supply chain
- M&S to see "departure" of sourcing chiefs?
- US Q1 in brief – Guess, Burlington Stores, Sears
- Adidas Speedfactory eyes large-scale production
- H&M, Inditex and Nike rated supply chain leaders