EUROPE: Jockey to launch women's loungewear line
US apparel maker Jockey International is to launch its first women's loungewear collection in Europe.
The move is a milestone for the company, which previously focused on its core ranges of men's underwear, before launching its men's fashion collections - USA Originals and International collection - in recent years.
Jockey said the new launch comes after it spotted a gap in the "heavily lingerie-led" women's market.
"We saw huge potential with this collection to add credibility to our European offering and make a difference in the market after the success of the men's night and loungewear ranges," said Jockey product director Jens Nolls. "We listened to the buyers requests for fashionable, high quality women's pieces and created the collection to complement the men's ranges."
The USA Originals Collection for women will launch in August exclusively online.
- What the EU-Vietnam trade deal means for duties
- Ultimate frontier Myanmar uplifts Bogart Lingerie
- US apparel import growth led by Bangladesh
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Esquel backs Chinese Sea Island cotton production
- Sears looks to lift apparel via sourcing changes
- Direct sourcing helps M&S narrow the gap with Next
- Eco-friendly garment factory opens in Bangladesh
- Clothing and sports chains in activewear battle
- Nike accelerates digital strategy with new hire
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Practical Price Negotiation
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020