EUROPE: Jockey to launch women's loungewear line
US apparel maker Jockey International is to launch its first women's loungewear collection in Europe.
The move is a milestone for the company, which previously focused on its core ranges of men's underwear, before launching its men's fashion collections - USA Originals and International collection - in recent years.
Jockey said the new launch comes after it spotted a gap in the "heavily lingerie-led" women's market.
"We saw huge potential with this collection to add credibility to our European offering and make a difference in the market after the success of the men's night and loungewear ranges," said Jockey product director Jens Nolls. "We listened to the buyers requests for fashionable, high quality women's pieces and created the collection to complement the men's ranges."
The USA Originals Collection for women will launch in August exclusively online.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- COMMENT: Skills or new technology?
- Who has signed the Bangladesh safety accord?
- JC Penney share price falls on Q4 loss
- Gap names new design head amid mixed Q4
- Pay rise mulled for Sri Lanka garment workers
- Delta Galil open to M&A as profit grows
- Kohl's reverses five-quarter slump in Q4
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead