USA: Joe Wood Quits Finish Line, Replacement On Board
The Finish Line Inc yesterday announced that Joe Wood has resigned his position as executive vice president, merchandising and marketing and that Glenn Lyon has joined the company as executive vice president and chief merchandising officer. Mr Wood will remain with the company on a consulting basis through the end of the company's fiscal year.
A veteran of the footwear industry, Mr Wood has led the merchandising and marketing departments of Finish Line since 1995. During his tenure, the athletic wear retailer grew from a chain of 190 stores with annual sales of $192 million to 445 stores with last year's sales of $664 million.
Mr Lyon has nearly 30 years of merchandising and marketing experience with companies such a RH Macy & Co, Hit or Miss Stores Inc, Ormond Shops Inc, Modern Woman Inc, and most recently as CEO/president of Paul Harris Stores Inc.
He commented: "I am looking forward to joining Finish Line and taking over leadership of the strong and talented merchandising and marketing teams that Joe Wood has built over the last six years. I find the athletic industry exciting and challenging and look forward to working with all the great companies that have partnered with Finish Line over the last 25 years."
Companies: Finish Line Inc
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Sports retailer The Finish Line is planning an aggressive growth strategy this year after reporting flat sales during financial 2006....
Specialty athletic retailer The Finish Line has unveiled further details of its new upscale women's chain and also reported a 62% slump in third-quarter net earnings....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' November sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Athletic footwear and apparel retailer The Finish Line is developing chain of premium athletic specialty stores for women....
Athletic apparel retailer The Finish Line Inc on Thursday said second quarter profit fell by 8 per cent on poor sales during the back-to-school selling season....
Athletic footwear retailer Finish Line Inc has lowered its full-year profit guidance after reporting a 2 per cent slip in same-store sales for the second quarter of 2005....
Indianapolis-based athletic wear retailer The Finish Line Inc said first-quarter earnings leapt 23 per cent, as a higher product margin drove gross profits....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' May sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- US Q4 in brief – Dillard's, Macy's, Walmart
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar