US: Joe's Jeans posts second quarter profit jump
- Net income increased 88.8% to US$1.4m
- Sales rose 16% to $28.6m
- Same-store sales up 10%
Denim brand Joe's Jeans has posted an 89% jump in second quarter net income on the back of rising sales.
The company said yesterday (16 July) that net income rose 88.8% to US$1.4m in the quarter ended 31 May. Sales increased 16% to $28.6m. Gross margin remained flat at 47%.
Retail sales rose 26% to $5.7m, driven by a 10% same-store sales hike combined with the contribution of three new stores. Wholesale revenue was up 14% to $22.9m.
"Both our domestic wholesale and retail segments posted healthy increases and our retail segment continued to provide diversification to our revenue base," said president and CEO Marc Crossman. "With these positive results, our operating income increased 82% to $3.1m."
He added: "Our earlier commitment to introduce more fashion offerings, like printed denim and our ‘55 Colors,' translated into growth.
"As we move into our third quarter with fall and back-to-school shopping, we are excited about our new product offerings with our wholesale partners and the expansion of our else brand with Macy's."
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' December 2012 sales results....
This report analyzes the worldwide market for Denim Jeans in US$ Million and Million Units....
Four US retailers have agreed to pay penalties totalling US$1.26m for allegedly falsely labelling textiles as made from bamboo, when they were actually rayon. ...
US denim company Joe's Jeans has received a letter from the Nasdaq Stock Market saying it is not complying with its rules because the closing bid price per share of its common stock has been below US$...
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- Ultrasonic execs disappear along with company cash
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details