US: Joe's Jeans posts second quarter profit jump
- Net income increased 88.8% to US$1.4m
- Sales rose 16% to $28.6m
- Same-store sales up 10%
Denim brand Joe's Jeans has posted an 89% jump in second quarter net income on the back of rising sales.
The company said yesterday (16 July) that net income rose 88.8% to US$1.4m in the quarter ended 31 May. Sales increased 16% to $28.6m. Gross margin remained flat at 47%.
Retail sales rose 26% to $5.7m, driven by a 10% same-store sales hike combined with the contribution of three new stores. Wholesale revenue was up 14% to $22.9m.
"Both our domestic wholesale and retail segments posted healthy increases and our retail segment continued to provide diversification to our revenue base," said president and CEO Marc Crossman. "With these positive results, our operating income increased 82% to $3.1m."
He added: "Our earlier commitment to introduce more fashion offerings, like printed denim and our ‘55 Colors,' translated into growth.
"As we move into our third quarter with fall and back-to-school shopping, we are excited about our new product offerings with our wholesale partners and the expansion of our else brand with Macy's."
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' December 2012 sales results....
Four US retailers have agreed to pay penalties totalling US$1.26m for allegedly falsely labelling textiles as made from bamboo, when they were actually rayon. ...
US denim company Joe's Jeans has received a letter from the Nasdaq Stock Market saying it is not complying with its rules because the closing bid price per share of its common stock has been below US$...
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- COMMENT: Skills or new technology?
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- 30% of Adidas cotton from sustainable sources
- Benetton to embark on living wage roadmap
- Sri Lanka and Bangladesh FTA talks underway
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide