US: Joe's Jeans posts second quarter profit jump
- Net income increased 88.8% to US$1.4m
- Sales rose 16% to $28.6m
- Same-store sales up 10%
Denim brand Joe's Jeans has posted an 89% jump in second quarter net income on the back of rising sales.
The company said yesterday (16 July) that net income rose 88.8% to US$1.4m in the quarter ended 31 May. Sales increased 16% to $28.6m. Gross margin remained flat at 47%.
Retail sales rose 26% to $5.7m, driven by a 10% same-store sales hike combined with the contribution of three new stores. Wholesale revenue was up 14% to $22.9m.
"Both our domestic wholesale and retail segments posted healthy increases and our retail segment continued to provide diversification to our revenue base," said president and CEO Marc Crossman. "With these positive results, our operating income increased 82% to $3.1m."
He added: "Our earlier commitment to introduce more fashion offerings, like printed denim and our ‘55 Colors,' translated into growth.
"As we move into our third quarter with fall and back-to-school shopping, we are excited about our new product offerings with our wholesale partners and the expansion of our else brand with Macy's."
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' December 2012 sales results....
Four US retailers have agreed to pay penalties totalling US$1.26m for allegedly falsely labelling textiles as made from bamboo, when they were actually rayon. ...
US denim company Joe's Jeans has received a letter from the Nasdaq Stock Market saying it is not complying with its rules because the closing bid price per share of its common stock has been below US$...
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- Hong Kong industry pins future on innovation
- Asian union development: is there another way?
- US Q2 in brief: Guess, PVH, Abercrombie & Fitch
- Gap restructuring weighs on Q2 as profit falls 34%
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Ralph Lauren debuts biometic smart shirt
- China market woes could hit consumer spending
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019