US: Joe's Sports & Outdoor names new CEO
US retailer Joe's Sports & Outdoor has named Hal Smith as the new president and CEO of the company.
Smith has also been appointed as a member of the board of directors. He succeeds Norm Daniels, a 42-year veteran of the company who will continue to serve on the board.
Smith is the former president of Bass Pro Shops, and was most recently the executive vice president of Pep Boys, a full service automotive chain.
Joe's Sports & Outdoor operates 30 stores in the Pacific Northwest including newest stores in Boise, Spokane, Bellevue and Kirkland.
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Where next for retailers in a saturated market?
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Inventory risk shifts in favour of retailers
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020