UK: John Lewis appoints online director
John Lewis has appointed Mark Lewis to the newly created role of online director to grow the UK department store operator's e-commerce business.
Joining the company in early March, Lewis will head up the online team, holding responsibility for profitability and developing the retailer's online channel.
He will also lead the omni-channel development team and join the John Lewis management board, reporting to managing director Andy Street.
Lewis most recently served as CEO of parcel service firm Collect+. He previously spent six years at US-based online retailer and auction house eBay, serving as UK managing director and European marketplaces director.
"Mark is ideally placed to continue the growth and development of our online business. He brings insight and experience of the retail sector, and will be driving further innovation across both our website and omni-channel offer," Street said.
How retailers deal with the omni-channel challenge varies greatly, as do opinions on how to integrate strategies for online, mobile and physical transactions....
John Lewis Partnership Plc registered only minimal growth in profits in 2011/12 due to the costs of the introduction of new outlets and the tough trading conditions engendered by the recession. Howeve...
Some 190 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in 2013....
Unveiling a new five-year plan to improve worker safety at the factories in Bangladesh that produce their clothing, North American brands and retailers were keen to stress the similarities between the...
John Lewis's buying director for fashion, Matthew McCormack, is leaving the UK department store operator to return to Australia....
UK fashion retailer Jigsaw has hired Richard Gilmore, currently planning director at Fred Perry, to the new role of COO as part of efforts to strengthen its management team....
Clothing retailers met with UK government representatives yesterday (3 July) to discuss ways to improve their supply chains following the collapse of the Rana Plaza apparel factory building in Banglad...
UK department store retailer John Lewis has appointed Paula Nickolds as its new buying and brand director, succeeding Peter Ruis, who has been named CEO of clothing chain Jigsaw....
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Outlook 2015: Challenges and opportunities
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Adidas sells Rockport for $280m to focus on sports
- Adidas and Timberland commit to responsible down
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024