UK: John Lewis appoints online director
John Lewis has appointed Mark Lewis to the newly created role of online director to grow the UK department store operator's e-commerce business.
Joining the company in early March, Lewis will head up the online team, holding responsibility for profitability and developing the retailer's online channel.
He will also lead the omni-channel development team and join the John Lewis management board, reporting to managing director Andy Street.
Lewis most recently served as CEO of parcel service firm Collect+. He previously spent six years at US-based online retailer and auction house eBay, serving as UK managing director and European marketplaces director.
"Mark is ideally placed to continue the growth and development of our online business. He brings insight and experience of the retail sector, and will be driving further innovation across both our website and omni-channel offer," Street said.
How retailers deal with the omni-channel challenge varies greatly, as do opinions on how to integrate strategies for online, mobile and physical transactions....
More than 200 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
Unveiling a new five-year plan to improve worker safety at the factories in Bangladesh that produce their clothing, North American brands and retailers were keen to stress the similarities between the...
John Lewis's buying director for fashion, Matthew McCormack, is leaving the UK department store operator to return to Australia....
UK fashion retailer Jigsaw has hired Richard Gilmore, currently planning director at Fred Perry, to the new role of COO as part of efforts to strengthen its management team....
Clothing retailers met with UK government representatives yesterday (3 July) to discuss ways to improve their supply chains following the collapse of the Rana Plaza apparel factory building in Banglad...
UK department store retailer John Lewis has appointed Paula Nickolds as its new buying and brand director, succeeding Peter Ruis, who has been named CEO of clothing chain Jigsaw....
Companies representing more than a third of UK clothing sales have signed the Sustainable Clothing Action Plan (SCAP) 2020 Commitment, a scheme that will see them work together to reduce the environme...
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- Will Amazon take over the US apparel market?
- US groups seek workable apparel provisions in TPP
- Metallised thread for "revolutionary" RFID tag
- Manufacturing in China falls to 15-month low
- VF Corp ups guidance on "strong" Q2
- Eliminating risk tops sustainability agenda
- Millennials "changing the game" for hosiery
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020