UK: John Lewis names new buying and brand director
UK department store retailer John Lewis has appointed Paula Nickolds as its new buying and brand director, succeeding Peter Ruis, who has been named CEO of clothing chain Jigsaw.
Nickolds, who is currently buying director of home products at the retailer, will also lead the fashion and technology buying teams from September, in addition to marketing, brand development, brand creative, retail design, design studios, visual merchandising and sourcing.
In her new role, she will report to managing director Andy Street. Nickolds joined the company in 1994 as a general management graduate trainee.
"Paula has a profound understanding of what makes us unique in the global retail marketplace. She is ideally placed to ensure that we continually strive for innovation in our product offering and drive forward our brand, design and customer experience," Street said.
Ruis, meanwhile, will have full responsibility for the Jigsaw group, including UK and overseas operations, the Shop at Bluebird and other group subsidiaries.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
More than 220 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
Among the most-read analysis articles on just-style in 2013 were stories relating to the Bangladesh Accord on Fire and Building Safety, sustainable garment production, and closing the loop in the appa...
Instead of our regular look at the most read stories on just-style during the week, we thought a fitting end to the year would be to take a look at the top stories on just-style in 2013. Garment facto...
Spanish retail group Inditex, owner of the Zara fashion brand, has joined a raft of apparel companies in halting the use of angora wool in all of its products....
PVH Corp, owner of the Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger brands, has joined a number of apparel firms in banning the use of angora in all of its products after an investigation by animal rights group PE...
Group revenues at lifestyle brand Ted Baker were up by nearly a quarter in the third quarter, the company said today (14 November)....
Rising international sales helped fashion business Ted Baker to post a near-50% increase in first-half pre-tax profits, with revenues up by more than 30%....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report