UK: John Lewis outlines expansion strategy
John Lewis aims to increase the number of stores it operates to 60 by 2020
Department store operator John Lewis has revealed it expects to add 21 stores to its portfolio by 2020 to drive further growth.
The retailer, which currently has 39 stores in the UK, aims to increase the number of shops it operates to 60 by 2020. Its existing shops include 30 department stores and nine John Lewis At Home.
"We estimate that we will have in the region of 60 John Lewis shops by 2020," John Lewis said in a statement released to just-style.
It added that it has three store formats, including full-line, flexible and At Home, and that "each plays a different role and means we have a way of addressing all of the key catchments in the UK".
The John Lewis Partnership group saw its first-half pre-tax profits soar by nearly 60% in September after rising revenues on the back of the Diamond Jubilee and the lead-up to the London 2012 Olympics.
How retailers deal with the omni-channel challenge varies greatly, as do opinions on how to integrate strategies for online, mobile and physical transactions....
More than 180 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people las...
UK department store retailer John Lewis has tapped Marks & Spencer (M&S) for its head of buying for men's wear....
UK department store operator John Lewis has recorded a jump in full-year profit fuelled by online growth....
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Tesco's H1 profit plunge: What the analysts say
- Asos FY profit drop: What the analysts say
- Who has signed the Bangladesh safety accord?
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Collapsed Cambodia factory had structural issues
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre