UK: John Lewis outlines expansion strategy
John Lewis aims to increase the number of stores it operates to 60 by 2020
Department store operator John Lewis has revealed it expects to add 21 stores to its portfolio by 2020 to drive further growth.
The retailer, which currently has 39 stores in the UK, aims to increase the number of shops it operates to 60 by 2020. Its existing shops include 30 department stores and nine John Lewis At Home.
"We estimate that we will have in the region of 60 John Lewis shops by 2020," John Lewis said in a statement released to just-style.
It added that it has three store formats, including full-line, flexible and At Home, and that "each plays a different role and means we have a way of addressing all of the key catchments in the UK".
The John Lewis Partnership group saw its first-half pre-tax profits soar by nearly 60% in September after rising revenues on the back of the Diamond Jubilee and the lead-up to the London 2012 Olympics.
How retailers deal with the omni-channel challenge varies greatly, as do opinions on how to integrate strategies for online, mobile and physical transactions....
More than 220 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
UK department store retailer John Lewis has tapped Marks & Spencer (M&S) for its head of buying for men's wear....
UK department store operator John Lewis has recorded a jump in full-year profit fuelled by online growth....
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- PVH to take control of Tommy Hilfiger China unit
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024