UK: John Lewis outlines expansion strategy
John Lewis aims to increase the number of stores it operates to 60 by 2020
Department store operator John Lewis has revealed it expects to add 21 stores to its portfolio by 2020 to drive further growth.
The retailer, which currently has 39 stores in the UK, aims to increase the number of shops it operates to 60 by 2020. Its existing shops include 30 department stores and nine John Lewis At Home.
"We estimate that we will have in the region of 60 John Lewis shops by 2020," John Lewis said in a statement released to just-style.
It added that it has three store formats, including full-line, flexible and At Home, and that "each plays a different role and means we have a way of addressing all of the key catchments in the UK".
The John Lewis Partnership group saw its first-half pre-tax profits soar by nearly 60% in September after rising revenues on the back of the Diamond Jubilee and the lead-up to the London 2012 Olympics.
How retailers deal with the omni-channel challenge varies greatly, as do opinions on how to integrate strategies for online, mobile and physical transactions....
More than 220 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
UK department store retailer John Lewis has tapped Marks & Spencer (M&S) for its head of buying for men's wear....
UK department store operator John Lewis has recorded a jump in full-year profit fuelled by online growth....
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- US Q2 in brief - Carter's, Wolverine Worldwide
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Southeast Asia & Central America strategic sourcing reviews package deal
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis