UK: John Lewis outlines expansion strategy
John Lewis aims to increase the number of stores it operates to 60 by 2020
Department store operator John Lewis has revealed it expects to add 21 stores to its portfolio by 2020 to drive further growth.
The retailer, which currently has 39 stores in the UK, aims to increase the number of shops it operates to 60 by 2020. Its existing shops include 30 department stores and nine John Lewis At Home.
"We estimate that we will have in the region of 60 John Lewis shops by 2020," John Lewis said in a statement released to just-style.
It added that it has three store formats, including full-line, flexible and At Home, and that "each plays a different role and means we have a way of addressing all of the key catchments in the UK".
The John Lewis Partnership group saw its first-half pre-tax profits soar by nearly 60% in September after rising revenues on the back of the Diamond Jubilee and the lead-up to the London 2012 Olympics.
How retailers deal with the omni-channel challenge varies greatly, as do opinions on how to integrate strategies for online, mobile and physical transactions....
Some 190 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in 2013....
UK department store retailer John Lewis has tapped Marks & Spencer (M&S) for its head of buying for men's wear....
UK department store operator John Lewis has recorded a jump in full-year profit fuelled by online growth....
- Expensive US dollar hitting H&M sourcing costs
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- Apparel industry gains traction says IAF chief
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- US takes final step to WTO TFA implementation
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead