UK: John Lewis outlines expansion strategy
John Lewis aims to increase the number of stores it operates to 60 by 2020
Department store operator John Lewis has revealed it expects to add 21 stores to its portfolio by 2020 to drive further growth.
The retailer, which currently has 39 stores in the UK, aims to increase the number of shops it operates to 60 by 2020. Its existing shops include 30 department stores and nine John Lewis At Home.
"We estimate that we will have in the region of 60 John Lewis shops by 2020," John Lewis said in a statement released to just-style.
It added that it has three store formats, including full-line, flexible and At Home, and that "each plays a different role and means we have a way of addressing all of the key catchments in the UK".
The John Lewis Partnership group saw its first-half pre-tax profits soar by nearly 60% in September after rising revenues on the back of the Diamond Jubilee and the lead-up to the London 2012 Olympics.
How retailers deal with the omni-channel challenge varies greatly, as do opinions on how to integrate strategies for online, mobile and physical transactions....
More than 150 companies have now signed the new Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in April last year, which killed more than 1,...
UK department store retailer John Lewis has tapped Marks & Spencer (M&S) for its head of buying for men's wear....
UK department store operator John Lewis has recorded a jump in full-year profit fuelled by online growth....
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- Teen retail being rocked by fast fashion headwinds
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- H&M "pushing the process" on sustainable fashion
- Adidas plans mobile phone hotline at all suppliers
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects
- Jeans in Italy