UK: John Lewis reports 22% FY profit surge
UK department store chain John Lewis has reported higher full-year profits, attributed to value, multi-channel growth and new formats.
John Lewis' fashion category sales increased by 14.7% during the period, a statement said.
The company also awarded its partnership workers a bonus of 18% of salary.
Reporting the annual period to 29 January, John Lewis cited "strong outperformance" by its online store.
"The Partnership has clearly established itself as a leader in multi-channel retailing," said Charlie Mayfield, chairman of John Lewis Partnership. "Looking to the future, while we expect more difficult conditions for much of the year, we are confident of our plans. We have not yet seen inflation coming through at the levels reported and we remain committed to improving value for our customers in the year ahead."
Click here to view the company's annual results in full.
Working conditions in the supply chain and environmental concerns may have been the primary CSR hotspots for the clothing sector in recent years, but this year has brought into clear relief the level ...
David Walmsley has been appointed to help lead Marks and Spencer's e-commerce business....
- Will Amazon take over the US apparel market?
- US groups seek workable apparel provisions in TPP
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Pakistan textile mills fear rash of closures
- Factory funding gap has mixed impact in Myanmar
- VF Corp ups guidance on "strong" Q2
- Bangladesh workers rally for unpaid wages
- Under Armour secures Germany and Austria deals
- Manufacturing in China falls to 15-month low
- Under Armour lifts outlook after Q2 revenue hike
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020