UK: John Lewis reports 22% FY profit surge
UK department store chain John Lewis has reported higher full-year profits, attributed to value, multi-channel growth and new formats.
John Lewis' fashion category sales increased by 14.7% during the period, a statement said.
The company also awarded its partnership workers a bonus of 18% of salary.
Reporting the annual period to 29 January, John Lewis cited "strong outperformance" by its online store.
"The Partnership has clearly established itself as a leader in multi-channel retailing," said Charlie Mayfield, chairman of John Lewis Partnership. "Looking to the future, while we expect more difficult conditions for much of the year, we are confident of our plans. We have not yet seen inflation coming through at the levels reported and we remain committed to improving value for our customers in the year ahead."
Click here to view the company's annual results in full.
Working conditions in the supply chain and environmental concerns may have been the primary CSR hotspots for the clothing sector in recent years, but this year has brought into clear relief the level ...
David Walmsley has been appointed to help lead Marks and Spencer's e-commerce business....
- Big data helps Crystal Group sustainability gains
- Brexit and the apparel industry – what lies ahead?
- Brexit uncertainty over pending EU trade deals
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- India sets out long-overdue clothing labour reform
- Delta Galil buys VF Corp premium brands for $120m
- Brexit to halt deflation in UK clothing sector
- Under Armour opens manufacturing innovation hub
- Nike faces domestic and future order headwinds
- Walmart's 'Made in USA' pledge misleading
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts