UK: John Lewis reports 22% FY profit surge
UK department store chain John Lewis has reported higher full-year profits, attributed to value, multi-channel growth and new formats.
John Lewis' fashion category sales increased by 14.7% during the period, a statement said.
The company also awarded its partnership workers a bonus of 18% of salary.
Reporting the annual period to 29 January, John Lewis cited "strong outperformance" by its online store.
"The Partnership has clearly established itself as a leader in multi-channel retailing," said Charlie Mayfield, chairman of John Lewis Partnership. "Looking to the future, while we expect more difficult conditions for much of the year, we are confident of our plans. We have not yet seen inflation coming through at the levels reported and we remain committed to improving value for our customers in the year ahead."
Click here to view the company's annual results in full.
Working conditions in the supply chain and environmental concerns may have been the primary CSR hotspots for the clothing sector in recent years, but this year has brought into clear relief the level ...
David Walmsley has been appointed to help lead Marks and Spencer's e-commerce business....
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Crystal Group nurtures its caring culture
- Apparel industry not immune from Russia tensions
- US apparel import data shows China competitiveness
- Cambodia garment workers “dying on the job”
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Cotton prices set to slip on China policy change
- Nike appointments to drive growth opportunities
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey