UK: John Lewis reports 22% FY profit surge
UK department store chain John Lewis has reported higher full-year profits, attributed to value, multi-channel growth and new formats.
John Lewis' fashion category sales increased by 14.7% during the period, a statement said.
The company also awarded its partnership workers a bonus of 18% of salary.
Reporting the annual period to 29 January, John Lewis cited "strong outperformance" by its online store.
"The Partnership has clearly established itself as a leader in multi-channel retailing," said Charlie Mayfield, chairman of John Lewis Partnership. "Looking to the future, while we expect more difficult conditions for much of the year, we are confident of our plans. We have not yet seen inflation coming through at the levels reported and we remain committed to improving value for our customers in the year ahead."
Click here to view the company's annual results in full.
Working conditions in the supply chain and environmental concerns may have been the primary CSR hotspots for the clothing sector in recent years, but this year has brought into clear relief the level ...
David Walmsley has been appointed to help lead Marks and Spencer's e-commerce business....
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- Abercrombie & Fitch to lose logos in fashion focus
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Bagir to invest in Ethiopia as H1 loss deepens
- US cotton production set to decline
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details