USA: John Wyatt Joins Cutter & Buck As President & CEO
Upmarket sportswear company Cutter & Buck Inc has named John Wyatt as its president and chief executive officer.
Wyatt replaces Fran Conley, who resigned in September, and Bill Swint, who had been acting as temporary chief executive officer.
Wyatt, who most recently served as president at apparel company Warnaco's intimate apparel/sportswear division, has been in the retail and apparel businesses for over 30 years.
Cutter & Buck began looking for a new CEO in July after Fran Conley announced she would step down from the position. Bill Swint, vice president and manager of order fulfillment, was named interim CEO when Conley left in September.
Board chairman said the company had looked at a "very solid" set of contenders for the position, and that Wyatt had "the experience, background and personal qualities" Cutter & Buck was looking for.
Wyatt said: "This is a company with a tremendous future. It is strong financially and has a strong brand with excellent products, a loyal customer base and a very talented team of employees.
"I am looking forward to working with them and the Board to set a firm direction for the future."
Cutter & Buck designs and markets upmarket sportswear under the Cutter & Buck brand which it mainly sells to golf and specialty retailers, corporations and international distributors and licensees.
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- PSF 2014: Ten sustainability takeaways
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- Jones CEO to depart as Sycamore splits business
- Workers strike at Adidas supplier shoe factory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects
- Jeans in Italy