USA: John Wyatt Joins Cutter & Buck As President & CEO
Upmarket sportswear company Cutter & Buck Inc has named John Wyatt as its president and chief executive officer.
Wyatt replaces Fran Conley, who resigned in September, and Bill Swint, who had been acting as temporary chief executive officer.
Wyatt, who most recently served as president at apparel company Warnaco's intimate apparel/sportswear division, has been in the retail and apparel businesses for over 30 years.
Cutter & Buck began looking for a new CEO in July after Fran Conley announced she would step down from the position. Bill Swint, vice president and manager of order fulfillment, was named interim CEO when Conley left in September.
Board chairman said the company had looked at a "very solid" set of contenders for the position, and that Wyatt had "the experience, background and personal qualities" Cutter & Buck was looking for.
Wyatt said: "This is a company with a tremendous future. It is strong financially and has a strong brand with excellent products, a loyal customer base and a very talented team of employees.
"I am looking forward to working with them and the Board to set a firm direction for the future."
Cutter & Buck designs and markets upmarket sportswear under the Cutter & Buck brand which it mainly sells to golf and specialty retailers, corporations and international distributors and licensees.
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Change management key to PLM project success
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies