USA: John Wyatt Joins Cutter & Buck As President & CEO
Upmarket sportswear company Cutter & Buck Inc has named John Wyatt as its president and chief executive officer.
Wyatt replaces Fran Conley, who resigned in September, and Bill Swint, who had been acting as temporary chief executive officer.
Wyatt, who most recently served as president at apparel company Warnaco's intimate apparel/sportswear division, has been in the retail and apparel businesses for over 30 years.
Cutter & Buck began looking for a new CEO in July after Fran Conley announced she would step down from the position. Bill Swint, vice president and manager of order fulfillment, was named interim CEO when Conley left in September.
Board chairman said the company had looked at a "very solid" set of contenders for the position, and that Wyatt had "the experience, background and personal qualities" Cutter & Buck was looking for.
Wyatt said: "This is a company with a tremendous future. It is strong financially and has a strong brand with excellent products, a loyal customer base and a very talented team of employees.
"I am looking forward to working with them and the Board to set a firm direction for the future."
Cutter & Buck designs and markets upmarket sportswear under the Cutter & Buck brand which it mainly sells to golf and specialty retailers, corporations and international distributors and licensees.
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- Kurt Cavano on “the Uberfication of everything”
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- Stock-out paradox persists despite data overload
- New fabric protection with battlefield beginnings
- Gerber launches Mauritius apparel programme
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019