GHANA: Joins Cotton made in Africa scheme
The addition of around 9,000 farmers and the cotton company Olam means that nearly 435,000 smallholder farmers in Ghana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, and Côte d'Ivoire now benefit from the programme.
CmiA teaches cotton farmers about modern, efficient, and environmentally friendly cultivation methods that help them improve the quality of their cotton, yield higher crops, and earn a better income.
In total, about 435,000 smallholder farmers and with their family members included more than 3.2m people currently participate in the CmiA program.
The sustainably produced CmiA cotton is purchased by an alliance composed of international textile companies established by the foundation.
More than 160 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people las...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Signs that the 'Made in the UK' movement is gaining traction were boosted today (18 July) with the news that Tesco's F&F brand has inked a deal with Durham clothing manufacturer the AMA Group....
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and servic...
Chinese fabric and garment maker FOB Direct has chosen to invest in cloud-based product lifestyle management (PLM) technology to align its business operations....
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global textile and apparel industry...
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- VF Corp bullish for second-half growth
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies