GHANA: Joins Cotton made in Africa scheme
The addition of around 9,000 farmers and the cotton company Olam means that nearly 435,000 smallholder farmers in Ghana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, and Côte d'Ivoire now benefit from the programme.
CmiA teaches cotton farmers about modern, efficient, and environmentally friendly cultivation methods that help them improve the quality of their cotton, yield higher crops, and earn a better income.
In total, about 435,000 smallholder farmers and with their family members included more than 3.2m people currently participate in the CmiA program.
The sustainably produced CmiA cotton is purchased by an alliance composed of international textile companies established by the foundation.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
More than 170 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people las...
Introduction Global Womenswear industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also conta...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and servic...
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Hanesbrands praises supply chain efficiency
- Change management key to PLM project success
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- Wal-Mart US chief resignation little surprise
- Accord still struggling to engage industry bodies
- Under Armour "bullish" in full-year guidance rise
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change