UK: Joint project to showcase British fashion in China
An new initiative to showcase British fashion in China was unveiled today (1 July).
The China/Britain fashion alliance will not only promote British fashion and its designers in China, but will also provide guidance to help develop China's fashion skills.
"There are opportunities all over the world for us, but no more so than in China," said Harold Tillman CBE, chairman of the British Fashion Council, which helped broker the deal.
"I think it is fair to say that the Chinese love design and fortunately for my industry they love British fashion design."
The announcement follows China’s decision to officially list Cultural and Creative Industries as one of its key development pillars in 2011 and the launch of the China-UK Creative Cooperation Office.
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Hong Kong's Winds Group to open Haiti factory
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report