ITALY: Jonathan Anderson to design for Versace's Versus
Italian fashion house Gianni Versace Spa has revealed that Jonathan Anderson will design a capsule collection for its diffusion line Versus.
The move will be the first of a series of collaborations, which are part of the recently announced strategic repositioning of the brand under Donatella Versace's creative leadership.
The range will include women's and men's ready-to-wear and accessories and will be launched in April in New York.
Jonathan Anderson launched the JW Anderson label in 2008 with men's wear, which was expanded to include women's wear several years later.
Earlier this month, the fashion house said it would part ways with creative director Christopher Kane and work with a pool of young designers.
The brand's new strategy will include collaborations with young designers, stylists and "creatives" on capsule collections, co-branding projects and limited edition pieces.
The brand will also move away from traditional catwalk shows, and will instead introduce new collections at special "presentation events," the first of which is planned for March/April 2013 in New York.
Product development, production and distribution of the collections will also evolve to a non-seasonal schedule.
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- PVH to take control of Tommy Hilfiger China unit
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024