ITALY: Jonathan Anderson to design for Versace's Versus
Italian fashion house Gianni Versace Spa has revealed that Jonathan Anderson will design a capsule collection for its diffusion line Versus.
The move will be the first of a series of collaborations, which are part of the recently announced strategic repositioning of the brand under Donatella Versace's creative leadership.
The range will include women's and men's ready-to-wear and accessories and will be launched in April in New York.
Jonathan Anderson launched the JW Anderson label in 2008 with men's wear, which was expanded to include women's wear several years later.
Earlier this month, the fashion house said it would part ways with creative director Christopher Kane and work with a pool of young designers.
The brand's new strategy will include collaborations with young designers, stylists and "creatives" on capsule collections, co-branding projects and limited edition pieces.
The brand will also move away from traditional catwalk shows, and will instead introduce new collections at special "presentation events," the first of which is planned for March/April 2013 in New York.
Product development, production and distribution of the collections will also evolve to a non-seasonal schedule.
- What Marks & Spencer's numbers mean for clothing
- Balance essential in garment supply chain
- Tanzania adds to Africa’s apparel sourcing mix
- Supply chain weighs on Kering's green footprint
- Where next for 3D design and prototyping?
- AGOA delays drag on sourcing decisions
- American Eagle Outfitters Q1 earnings soar
- Brandix named PVH ‘Global Supplier of the Year’
- Apparel bright spot in Wal-Mart Q1
- EU and Turkey to update customs union