ITALY: Jonathan Anderson to design for Versace's Versus
Italian fashion house Gianni Versace Spa has revealed that Jonathan Anderson will design a capsule collection for its diffusion line Versus.
The move will be the first of a series of collaborations, which are part of the recently announced strategic repositioning of the brand under Donatella Versace's creative leadership.
The range will include women's and men's ready-to-wear and accessories and will be launched in April in New York.
Jonathan Anderson launched the JW Anderson label in 2008 with men's wear, which was expanded to include women's wear several years later.
Earlier this month, the fashion house said it would part ways with creative director Christopher Kane and work with a pool of young designers.
The brand's new strategy will include collaborations with young designers, stylists and "creatives" on capsule collections, co-branding projects and limited edition pieces.
The brand will also move away from traditional catwalk shows, and will instead introduce new collections at special "presentation events," the first of which is planned for March/April 2013 in New York.
Product development, production and distribution of the collections will also evolve to a non-seasonal schedule.
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- COMMENT: The decline of the buying office
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Retail winners and losers
- Bangladesh: Raising the bar on apparel exports?
- Report urges overhaul of Cambodia factory safety
- Bangladesh knitting worker killed by faulty lift
- Bangladesh factory improvements “will take years”
- North Face debuts locally-grown "backyard" hoodie
- Tommy Hilfiger launches solar-powered jacket