ITALY: Jonathan Anderson to design for Versace's Versus
Italian fashion house Gianni Versace Spa has revealed that Jonathan Anderson will design a capsule collection for its diffusion line Versus.
The move will be the first of a series of collaborations, which are part of the recently announced strategic repositioning of the brand under Donatella Versace's creative leadership.
The range will include women's and men's ready-to-wear and accessories and will be launched in April in New York.
Jonathan Anderson launched the JW Anderson label in 2008 with men's wear, which was expanded to include women's wear several years later.
Earlier this month, the fashion house said it would part ways with creative director Christopher Kane and work with a pool of young designers.
The brand's new strategy will include collaborations with young designers, stylists and "creatives" on capsule collections, co-branding projects and limited edition pieces.
The brand will also move away from traditional catwalk shows, and will instead introduce new collections at special "presentation events," the first of which is planned for March/April 2013 in New York.
Product development, production and distribution of the collections will also evolve to a non-seasonal schedule.
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- Crystal Group nurtures its caring culture
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Cambodia garment workers “dying on the job”
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Accord and Alliance discord over inspections
- Nike appointments to drive growth opportunities
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey